How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2014, 05:08 AM

Default iZotope Nectar Elements Vocal Processing

Hi guys!

Saw this on a sale on sweetwater! $29 instead of $129!!!! Does anyone have this or tried it before?

I'm saving up for Melodyne Essential. But then the price of this tempted me to get this instead! Does anyone have this or tried it before? What are your views on this particular vocal processing?

Main point of buying it is I want to buy to pitch correct my vocal lines... In which melodyne essential does the job already!

Appreciate that you guys can really help!

Regards,
Edwin

Link: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NectarElem
Old 12-14-2014, 06:40 AM

Default Re: iZotope Nectar Elements Vocal Processing

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy_ed View Post
Hi guys!

Saw this on a sale on sweetwater! $29 instead of $129!!!! Does anyone have this or tried it before?

I'm saving up for Melodyne Essential. But then the price of this tempted me to get this instead! Does anyone have this or tried it before? What are your views on this particular vocal processing?

Main point of buying it is I want to buy to pitch correct my vocal lines... In which melodyne essential does the job already!

Appreciate that you guys can really help!

Regards,
Edwin

Link: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NectarElem
Hi Edwin - I have versions of both (Nectar 2 and Melodyne Editor) and these are quite different, although Nectar does do some 'live' pitch correction.

Nectar - more of an all-in-one channel strip with a focus on vocals, including reverb, compression, effects and pitch correction/effects/doubling/harmonies.

Melodyne - you can edit vocals you've already tracked, note-by-note, or even by syllable or part; you can change pitch, timing ... anything (depending on version but I believe Essential has the key pitch/timing tools). Izotope have a product more similar to Melodyne which is available as part of Nectar 2 Production Suite - I've not used it myself but Melodyne is the standard for a reason and offers a good upgrade path too, if you need it.

If you go for Nectar Elements, check out the XLN Audio sale - they're giving away Nectar Elements if you buy e.g. any Addictive Keys instrument/bundle ... they've run this promotion before an this is how I got Elements (which I then upgraded) :)
Old 12-14-2014, 07:52 AM

AFAIK, and I know cause I have all Nectars version, NE is not AAX, only RTAS. Maybe they've change something I'm not aware about but I doubt.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 12-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denka View Post
AFAIK, and I know cause I have all Nectars version, NE is not AAX, only RTAS. Maybe they've change something I'm not aware about but I doubt.
You are correct Sir

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Yeah, from what it seems like Izotope is not concerned with bringing this plug to AAX. I got it free with Addictive Drums a long while ago and the only option has been to upgrade to the full AAX version.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denka View Post
Doubt they will port it to AAX64 bit but it works great in BlueCat MB7- II

It isn't the best sounding vocal processor i have heard but for home/hobby recordings why not. But don't expect Pro sounds from this plugin, quite harsh and a bit wonky. If you got it free like we did it's ok to play around with but no way in hell worth $129 or even $29 so save your money and get Melodyne edit.

And as stated here above, the Nectar and Melodyne has nothing at all in common as they are completely 2 different plugins

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Doubt they will port it to AAX64 bit but it works great in BlueCat MB7- II

It isn't the best sounding vocal processor i have heard but for home/hobby recordings why not. But don't expect Pro sounds from this plugin, quite harsh and a bit wonky. If you got it free like we did it's ok to play around with but no way in hell worth $129 or even $29 so save your money and get Melodyne edit.

And as stated here above, the Nectar and Melodyne has nothing at all in common as they are completely 2 different plugins

Christopher
NE as a part of Nectar I series is obsolete. There was short time upgrade path to V2 standard & advanced for us that got as dirty cheap promotion before V2 release. Even though I got it (advanced) for cheap, I regretted every cent spent on it. Very buggy, CPY hungry in the best manner of iZotope's product and, of course, never updated.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 12-15-2014, 12:06 AM

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...lements/specs/
Pro Tools 7.4–10
RTAS, AudioSuite, AAX (32-bit), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor

Last edited by unkJE; 07-05-2021 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 PM

Thanks guys. In the end I guess I just gotta try it out myself! Not the kind that I was looking for but I really do appreciate all your help!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:12 PM

Nectar elements will not work with 64bit pro tools 11, works with 32bit however Pissed me off. I would have to spend $129 to upgrade to the standard version. They will not be upgrading elements to work with 64 bit pro tools 11 from all my conversations with them.

I am looking for a different vendor for vocal processing as we speak.

Any suggestions?
Jim