Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Default Beat Detective isn't "Filling and crossfading"

I'm quantizing a mono track. Tab to transient and "B" to cut on every transient and then quantize them but then when I open Beat Detective to quickly fill gaps and crossfade is not doing it on every clip, on some of them there's a crossfade and on many others there isn't. This procedure used to be fine on version 9. What's wrong?

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Beat Detective isn't "Filling and crossfading"

I am experiencing the same issue. For the most part I use the smoothing tool for more than drums during editing. Im not sure if this is the deal but I noticed that the clips that didnt get crossfaded "appeared" to meet in the middle so NO audible clip wouldve occurred. Perhaps that is new in the code or it might still be a glitch. I went ahead and crossfaded all the undone clips anyways manually. UGH
NVidia GTX 650 2GB DDR5
12GB OCZ DDR3 Ram
1 - 128gb Samsung SSD
3 - 2TB Seagate 7200rpm harddrives
Phillips Bluray 12x burner
Mbox 3 Pro w/ProTools 10.3.9
Windows 8.1 64Bit Pro
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective isn't "Filling and crossfading"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKnight View Post
I am experiencing the same issue. For the most part I use the smoothing tool for more than drums during editing. Im not sure if this is the deal but I noticed that the clips that didnt get crossfaded "appeared" to meet in the middle so NO audible clip wouldve occurred. Perhaps that is new in the code or it might still be a glitch. I went ahead and crossfaded all the undone clips anyways manually. UGH
Me too. Hate it when this happens with new versions . I also had to them manually, when every minute is counting it's a big disappointment. I hope it's jus a glitch.

It's a bit ironic that I find myself doing more manual crossfades in a version that promoted better fades performance.