Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2024, 01:01 PM

Default HD Native Core Audio Problem

Hello all, I've recently upgraded my Mac Pro from a 2009 Cheesegrater on Mojave to a 2013 Trashcan running Moneterey. Pro Tools is working fine with HD Native and my Digi192s, but Core Audio through HD Native is distorted and glitchy (cuts out). This affects system audio (Spotify etc) and Logic Pro.

It was working fine with the old mac, and I currently have two HD Native cards and by swapping them around between the old mac and the new one have ruled out a HD Native card problem.

The only other thing to note is that I'm using a Magma ExpressBox 1T via thunderbolt 2 to connect the HD Native to the Trashcan.

So it would seem to be to be a software problem on the Trashcan running Monterey. I recently tried upgrading from an 2023.6 version of the HD Driver & Pro Tools to 2023.12 to see if that would eliminate the problem, which it didn't

Any further ideas would be much appreciated

Last edited by billface; 01-31-2024 at 02:09 AM.