Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Mackie Control Owners

Hello Mackie Control Owners. Was curious to know how many of you are waiting for the software(v2.1.1)/hardware upgrade and email from Mackie to say when you will be getting it. Or if you have gotten the upgrade already. I got a used Mackie Control on eBay and am waiting myself for the good word from Mackie. Post your info and thoughts if you have some. Thanks!!

Old 01-27-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Mackie Control Owners

what will the new software bring to the MC for protools ?
Old 01-27-2004, 08:13 AM

"what will the new software bring to the MC for protools ? "

If you own a Mackie Control v1.01, which is what I have, this version will not work with Pro Tools. The software/hardware upgrade would let you use it with Pro Tools. It gives it HUI communication between the two. Here is a link where you can read what Mackie is doing. Read near the bottom for Pro Tools info. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:55 PM

Well I guess if I'm not getting much of a response here that might answer why it maybe taking so long for Mackie to get the shipment of chips in for the hardware upgrade. If not to many people are requesting it, or they are waiting for a set number of upgrades requests before ordering the chips. Sad in any case, I'll have to wait to use my Mackie Control.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:52 AM

We all seem to think Digi is the only big name company to give an expected date for something to come out and not follow threw on it. Mackie is now on that list. Upgrade kits for Mackie Control were to be available Q1 of this year and I still haven't heard anything from then. There are a few users on their user conference that are pissed they have big paper weights on their desks. Me too!! Just may have to take a closer look at the Command 8, though it doesn't have a scrub wheel for starters.......
Old 04-03-2004, 08:52 AM

Same here!

I tried to order the upgrade several times in January, and those ***** did not even send me a confirmation email.

So I tried to buy it over my local Mackie distributor, which has been a "No-Go" aswell.

He didnīt even know that it was possible, after he doublechecked it, I was told that I can only buy it over their US website...

Without a confirmation email, I donīt think I will get their round-mail that I/we are "privileged" now to order during 72 hours.

I ordered it now over a NYC music shop and unfortunatly the first Upgrade package "got lost" and they (mackie) will resend it...

Thatīs the last time that I will wait for this Eprom, othervise Iīm also thinking of getting rid of that paperweight

I donīt understand their politics, because this is (in my case) a paid upgrade, where they earn some money. Itīs easier to get all sorts of d**gs in town then to receive this upgrade.

BW
Old 04-03-2004, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Same here!

I tried to order the upgrade several times in January, and those ***** did not even send me a confirmation email.

So I tried to buy it over my local Mackie distributor, which has been a "No-Go" aswell.

He didnīt even know that it was possible, after he doublechecked it, I was told that I can only buy it over their US website...

Without a confirmation email, I donīt think I will get their round-mail that I/we are "privileged" now to order during 72 hours.

I ordered it now over a NYC music shop and unfortunatly the first Upgrade package "got lost" and they (mackie) will resend it...

Thatīs the last time that I will wait for this Eprom, othervise Iīm also thinking of getting rid of that paperweight

I donīt understand their politics, because this is (in my case) a paid upgrade, where they earn some money. Itīs easier to get all sorts of d**gs in town then to receive this upgrade.

BW
Hmmm...interesting. I had a Mackie that I had to do the same thing to....

A)Make sure that you are registered.
B)If you want the update, then Offer to pay for Overnight shipping.

I did and got it in about 2 days, no problems.

-Todd A.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:04 PM

Hey Todd, when did you do this? If it was in December or earlier I might understand, but if it was in the last quarter then I, an many others will be even more pissed. Thanks!!
Old 04-04-2004, 02:43 PM

I did it in November

-Todd A.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:28 PM

For all those who have been waiting, I got word today via the Mackie user form that the chips will be in next week and ready for shipping. Great news for all us whom have been using the unit(s) as paper weights.