Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2003, 07:32 AM

Default 002 plugs ? full or demo versions?

so i'm stuck between upgrading to the 002r and the 002....and i'm finding conflicting info( at best) regarding the plugins included with the 002.

sampletank - d-fi - maxim is waves ren still included? and are they part of the trade-in upgrade program??

and do you think the plugs justify the jump to the 002?? cause a guy could get the 002rack and a baby hui and be ahead of the curve $-wise.

thanks

zack

zack
Old 08-27-2003, 08:49 AM

Default Re: 002 plugs ? full or demo versions?

The plugins that are included are not demo versions (although the version of Sampletank that's included is a "lite" version). You get D-Fi, Maxim, Sampletank SE and amplitube in addition to the normal Digidesign plugins. The Waves stuff isn't included any more.

As to whether they justify the jump to the 002, if you'd use them they may. And sure, you'd come out ahead money-wise going with the rack and a Baby HUi, but if you wanted something that was closer to what you get with the 002 you'd need to figure on the Mackie Control, which comes out about the same money-wise.

-Duardo
Old 08-27-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: 002 plugs ? full or demo versions?

have you found the 002 to be a solid unit? ...and sampletank lite etc. to be useful tool?

i've been using the 001 for a few years and have only purchased the t-racks mastering suite as a plugin. i guess i usually tend to print wierd sounds instead of using plugs... but as i'm witing this...i'm thinking that you could put amplitube on just about anything vocals/drums/bass/percussion etc and get some pretty interesting sounds. hmmmmmm.

thanks

zk