Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 08:49 PM

Default Can I hear Soundfonts in PTLE MIDI tracks?

Can I listen, in a MIDI track, sounds of soundfonts I loaded in my sblive. Can I choose the sb for output these tracks? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2002, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Can I hear Soundfonts in PTLE MIDI tracks?

Yes, you can. Just go to the I/O section of the miditrack you want to be output to the SBLive and choose A:SBlive midi synth or B:SBLive midi synth and choose an appropiate midi channel.

Unfortunatly, you cannot choose patches by name inside PtLE, so you will have to experiment with the numbers in the patch page which will pop-up when you click the button right above the display selector for that midi channel (reads "notes" by default)

Just try 1 trough 128 until you find the patch you're after.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Espen
Old 02-26-2002, 11:27 AM

Thank you very much Espen, but forgive me if I insist but, are you sure that I can hear RAM wavetable, not only the ROM patches?. Another thing, how can I change the attack , sustain and release without editing the sequence, like I do in a physical synth?
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 02:51 PM

you asked wether it can be routed to the outputs of your soundblaster....Well....that's the only place it will come out. You will have to route it physicly with a cable to an input on your digi

Bastiaan
Old 02-26-2002, 04:46 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by musicm:
Thank you very much Espen, but forgive me if I insist but, are you sure that I can hear RAM wavetable, not only the ROM patches?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can. You have to know what "Bank" your RAM Wavetable sounds are on and know how to select that Bank in the PTLE Patch/Bank select window.

Maybe Brian and chime in here. He's proficient with the SB Live/SoundFont thing.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:52 PM

Hi musicm

To my knowledge, there are no onboard ROM sound other than those you get if you choose the SBLive SW synth.

If you use either the A or B midi synth, you will always hear SF banks. By default, bank 1 is a General Midi bank, but you can replace it with a bank of your own choise. A better option would be to load your own sound in bank 2 and upwards. To choose banks inside PtLE, use controller 0 in the patch page.

On how to change attack, sustain and release, I don't know. All I use my SBlive for is drum sample libraries.

Espen

Regar