Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2006, 09:09 AM

Default MIDI Help - Foot Controller (Volume)

Hey MIDI folk,

So I have Sample Tank inserted on my instrument track and everything is playing great except it's not receiving foot control/volume changes from my keyboard (S 30). It is receiving sustain changes though...

Any suggestions???
Old 03-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: MIDI Help - Foot Controller (Volume)

Check your MIDI input filters and make sure you're allowing Volume (controller 7) to be recorded.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 AM

Thanks Slim but it seems to be just my volume that is not being recognized. Everything else from pitch, modulation, sustain are all functioning like they should...EXCEPT VOLUME...ARGHHHH!!!

I'm thinking it might be a driver issue so I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the driver and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 AM

You should also check the settings on your keyboard and make sure that it's set to transmit Volume changes to the external MIDI ports on the right MIDI channel. By default it's probably only set to change the volume internally, you may have to change some stuff to get it to send the controller info out the MIDI port. Yamaha Keyboards are far from the best or easiest when it comes to setting up controllers. I assume you're using the FC-7 right? AFAIK, that's the only one that works with Yamaha boards.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:19 AM

Heh heh heh, yep, have the Yamaha manual out at the moment going through the internal keyboard settings. I don't remember having this issue before but I'll keep this thread updated as I make progress...

Thanks Slim
Old 03-13-2006, 10:43 AM

SUCCESS!!!

After scrolling through some parameters in the keyboard menu, I set the FC to "main volume" and now I have all of my functions happening from pitch, mod, sustain & VOLUME!!!

Man, ya leave MIDI for a bit and everything gets a bit hazy...