Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2013, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra & Mavericks 10.9 STILL NOT WORKING

in that case I will surely buy a non-avid related new audio interface
Old 11-24-2013, 08:21 AM

My Core Duo is sitting in the other room collecting dust. It got to a point where updates made things bad. Use it for my construction business now. Bought a late 2012 27" iMac. It screams and no problems.
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 11-26-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
My Core Duo is sitting in the other room collecting dust. It got to a point where updates made things bad. Use it for my construction business now. Bought a late 2012 27" iMac. It screams and no problems.
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Well, my Core 2 duo runs like a champ and I have no other problems. I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 PM

Reposting from another thread:

Ok folks.

After reading a thread from another model with 10.9, I changed my clock from internal to SPIDF then back again. Didn't seem to do anything.

Came back a bit later and changed to internal speakers to listen to music. Suddenly system sounds (still set to the Fast Track Ultra 8r) blared through my monitors. Changed output back to Fast Track Ultra 8R and everything seems to work.

We'll see how long it lasts but my guess is that Avid has a clock issue with Mavericks and these Duo Cores....
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Can you please explain WHERE and HOW you chanced to SPDIF etc. ???
Old 12-01-2013, 08:06 PM

I just updated to the new driver. I do have audio output via the SPDIF outs now, however my fast track pro is still unusable.

I have a MAC Book Pro
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I am using the latest build of Ableton 9

Fast track pro is connected to a usb port on my MAC.
The second port is used for a M-Audio Pro 88.

If I let Ableton play from my headphone jack on the MAC all is well. Perfect sound and no anomalies.

When I switch the output to the Fast track pro I do now get audio whereas before I did not, so the new drivers improve things a bit.
Here is the deal though, if I play anything on the Pro 88, which is using its usb drivers, the fast track pro output gets extremely chopped up, clicks and pops to the point the audio is almost unrecognizable.

Listening with headphones the clicks and pops are there, so it is not my convertors that are having a clocking issue. I have SRC turned on regardless on the downstream convertors, but like I said, clicks and pops are present even when SPDIF is not connected and I listen with headphones from the headphone jack on the fast track pro..so the clicks and pops are from it.

I have the Ableton buffer set to its max of 2048 in order to get clean sounding output, which means I am dealing with massive latency of 46ms. If I set the sample buffer to pretty much anything lower than the 2048 the audio does the same thing as playing notes on the Pro 88, it simply turns into click and pop mush.

Ideas? I thought maybe it was a problem using the Pro 88 usb driver and the Fast track Pro at the same time. So, I turned off the Pro 88 usb connection, powered it with a external power supply, and connected its MIDI output to the MIDI input of the Fast Track Pro. Once again, when I hit any keys on the Pro 88 and send MIDI info into the Fast track Pro, I get clicks and pops. So, confirmed that the fast track pro can now pass audio, but if it gets MIDI data it pretty much falls on its face.

After even further testing, it appears that opening any track that has 3 or 4 MIDI tracks running at the same time into different VSTs that the same result will occur...clicks and pops.

So, the only thing I can think of is that the driver is simply half baked, and not a working functional driver for anything other than listening to Quicktime or some other stereo content.
Yes, it can output sound now if that audio is a single stereo track, but it appears that any multitrack project...at least as far as Ableton is concerned, will have clicks and pops when the fast track pro is used.

As I mentioned earlier, everything works fine if I switch to the Built-In speakers and play the audio out of the MAC headphone jack.

Any other thoughts or ideas I should try?

I have not even bother trying to record audio in via the SPDIF inputs, since output is unreliable I assume I would be wasting time to try and record. I will give a recording a shot and report back.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 PM

I am waiting to update and watching this thread. So please do update us if anyone gets it working reliably.

Thank you!
kunchok
Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 AM

I havent heard anything specific back yet, other than it is being investigated. If I hear anything I'll post!

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Hi

I have the last Imac 27' with the last 2.3 driver but I can't use it to record with my Fast Track Ultra 8r. I have clicks and pops when I try to record guitar or voice. I also have a kind of crackling when I listen to music from Itunes for example.

I'm a Logic Pro X user
Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 AM

I downloaded the new FTU driver for 10.9 Mavericks.

First, I ran the Uninstaller, then installed the "new" driver. No sound, same issue everybody else seems to be having.

So I ran "Get Info" on the "M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 2.3 Driver" that I had just installed.

Get info says: version 1.1.6 updated [today].

So I can't even get to 2.3.

BTW, talk of buying a new Mac because of driver issues is just ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with this system. My Legacy MOTU 828 mk2 (circa 2006) interface has no issues with Mavericks, other than not being portable, which is what I got the FTU for. Also, not an Avid problem, but the M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard controller I own has been having issues since 10.8. But Novation's Automap seems to have no issues with their controllers. So if anything I'll be swapping out these bricks for Mavericks compatible devices from competitors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fasttrack.jpg (24.7 KB, 0 views)