Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Default 8.0.4 issue

I used 8.0.4 on a film scoring session this last week for the first time. It ran quite well for the most part. The main issue I had was that PT sessions that had a lot of audio files/regions took a long time to open—close to a minute sometimes. These sessions weren't even THAT big compared to how big some sessions can get. When 75 musicians are out there on the clock one minute can be expensive. The session would open and then beach ball for many seconds with the region list empty. Then finally the beach ball would end and the region list would populate and I could go ahead and work.

I did get three unexpected quits in five days, which rarely happened in 8.0.1 - it seems like maybe there is some memory leak or something condition that got worse as I'd work thru the day, slowing the system down a little bit, then finally it unexpectedly quit.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Avid

Default Re: 8.0.4 issue

To dig into this we'll need a lot more information about your system and configuration. The Help Us Help You thread has all the details.

One thing to check is that all your audio drives are in the Privacy panel of Spotlight - if they aren't, it can cause problems like this.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Once I upgraded to 8.0.4 HD I got more 'Unexpectedly quit' errors as well.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post
Once I upgraded to 8.0.4 HD I got more 'Unexpectedly quit' errors as well.
Please put this in a new thread, as it has no bearing on this one.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 AM

Hello. Yes Pro tools 8.0.4 quits unexpectantly on my computer also. I did it a few times with pro tools 8, I thought the upgrade would have corrected this problem, but it seems to have gotten worst. i've search for awhile to find a fix for this, but to no avail. I did find that it is extremely common with other users and there seems to be no fix in sight. Please help us. Never experience such unstable behavior with pro tools.

Mac Os x 10.5.8
Pro tools LE 8.0.4
Digi 002 Rack

Last edited by Musicetto; 08-06-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Didn't include my specs.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicetto View Post
Hello. Yes Pro tools 8.0.4 quits unexpectantly on my computer also. I did it a few times with pro tools 8, I thought the upgrade would have corrected this problem, but it seems to have gotten worst. i've search for awhile to find a fix for this, but to no avail. I did find that it is extremely common with other users and there seems to be no fix in sight. Please help us. Never experience such unstable behavior with pro tools.

Mac Os x 10.5.8
Pro tools LE 8.0.4
Digi 002 Rack
Hello,

Please give us your full specs!

please tell us what troubleshooting steps you have taken already!

Have you read the troubleshooting threads top of the forum?

1000'S of users are not having any problems, so will be something specific to your setup, so you'll need to tell us evereything possible about your system.

HAVE YOU CHECKED ALL YOUR PLUGINS ARE UP TO DATE AND COMPATIBLE!! This is the most important thing to check, and often when we check what plugs are installed it often tells us there are incompatible and out of date plugs in the folder causes such issues!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:08 AM

Crizdee is 100% right in his recomendations. And as well, the fact that you upgraded to a newer version of P Tools and that it did nothing to change your symptoms points pretty conclusively to the fact that it's system related. It is not the version of P Tools that is causing your issue.

Also, this is the TDM forum. You should try posting in the correct LE forum.