Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 PM

Default Did something by accident...now I can't hear a track

All three tracks were working OK, but now the middle (Inst 2) track has changed color and I can't hear it (see images):

Edit Window Mix Window

Must have accidentally clicked on something, but the settings all look the same for all 3 tracks. I'm sure it's something simple, but what?

PT 8.05 on Win XP.

Cheers.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Did something by accident...now I can't hear a track

Your Edit window indicates that the MIDI data has no "destination". Your mix window, however, is not showing the "Instrument" section. Show the Instrument section in your Mix window and make sure that the MIDI out is set to the loaded VI.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 05-29-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneal92 View Post
Your Edit window indicates that the MIDI data has no "destination". Your mix window, however, is not showing the "Instrument" section. Show the Instrument section in your Mix window and make sure that the MIDI out is set to the loaded VI.
Thanks for the quick response, Chris! Sorry to be so dense, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "show the Instrument section in your Mix window and make sure that the MIDI out is set to the loaded VI". Do you open the Intstrument? I can do that but I don't see where to set the MIDI out...
Old 05-29-2011, 02:18 PM

View>Mix Window Views>Instruments

This will reveal the instrument routing at the top of that instrument track in the mix window. Check your MIDI routing to be sure the MIDI in that track is routed to the instrument on that track.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-29-2011, 02:25 PM

That did it - thanks! Would have taken me forever to find it. Must have accidentally hit some key combination to turn it off initially...