Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 02-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Default Diagnostic App for HD I/O like Digitest?

Does anyone know if there's a diagnostic App for the HD I/O like Digitest does for the HDX card?
Old 02-08-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Diagnostic App for HD I/O like Digitest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
Does anyone know if there's a diagnostic App for the HD I/O like Digitest does for the HDX card?
yes.
Digitest.

It's now installed in Utilities as Avid Digitest (on Macs)
Old 02-08-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
yes.
Digitest.

It's now installed in Utilities as Avid Digitest (on Macs)
Digitest can test an HD I/O???
Old 02-08-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Digitest can test an HD I/O???
They are mostly same boxes. Only differences being blue DigiDesign branded frontplate changed to grey Avid-branded frontplate.

Sarcasm aside, the new boxes get new firmware if Avid decides the firmware needs to be changed. Old ones do not. And the AD/DA cards on the new boxes are better. Also the new chassis is only one of a kind and can hold any combination of cards (which are better). Old boxes had three different chassis and not one of them could be configured 16 analog in 16 analog out.

But as far as DigiTest is concerned, the old and new boxes test just the same.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
They are mostly same boxes. Only differences being blue DigiDesign branded frontplate changed to grey Avid-branded frontplate.

Sarcasm aside, the new boxes get new firmware if Avid decides the firmware needs to be changed. Old ones do not. And the AD/DA cards on the new boxes are better. Also the new chassis is only one of a kind and can hold any combination of cards (which are better). Old boxes had three different chassis and not one of them could be configured 16 analog in 16 analog out.

But as far as DigiTest is concerned, the old and new boxes test just the same.
I'm not sure you're understanding my question or if I asked it clearly enough. I know DigiTest can run a diagnostic on my HDX card. What I'm curious is if there's a way to run any sort of diagnostic app on an HD I/O 16x16 analog interface to check for any errors on the cards or other aspects of the box. I do not see any way in Digitest to do this as you guys have suggested. Please advise if I'm missing something.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:11 PM

User manual here
Old 02-08-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
User manual here
Thank you, @JFreak. My firmware is already up to date and I see no other diagnostic tools for the HD I/O. The manual says the digitest diagnostic is for the Avid HDX/HDN cards only.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Thank you, @JFreak. My firmware is already up to date and I see no other diagnostic tools for the HD I/O. The manual says the digitest diagnostic is for the Avid HDX/HDN cards only.
You don't see information about your interfaces' slots? If it can see AD card for example it means diagnostics has passed. If the card is failing, then the card is not seen. That is about all the diagnostics you can run against an interface. There are only firmware version of chassis and status of the four slots to be diagnosed.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
You don't see information about your interfaces' slots? If it can see AD card for example it means diagnostics has passed. If the card is failing, then the card is not seen. That is about all the diagnostics you can run against an interface. There are only firmware version of chassis and status of the four slots to be diagnosed.
Yes, I do. I didn't realize that the listing of the HD IO's in the slots was the sign that they had passed. Thank you for taking the time to explain that and for your help. I really appreciate it. Btw, everything passed
Old 02-08-2020, 08:55 PM

no problem. good to hear your gear is okay