Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM

Default Artist Control dog slow

I am setting up a Mac mini test system before getting my New Mac Pro. Been reading all the problems with the artist series and wanted to add an issue I am experiencing.

I have two artist mix, a transport and an artist control, connected through an Ethernet hub to the Mac Mini. On Mavericks and PT 11.1, with Eucon 3.1.

I followed the various guides on this forum and finally got the units to connect. At first it all works ok, but if I start using the soft keys on the control unit they start becoming unresponsive and stop responding. They seem to buffer in that they do start doing whatever I pressed but after an indeterminate time lag. This is a new bug to me and makes the units really barely usable.

I know JC is very responsive and see the efforts he is making to get to the bottom of these issues but would love to know if we are close to a resolution or still trying to find root cause.
Thanks
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Artist Control dog slow

Go to your Eucon app and click "Prevent App Nap" check box. I don't know why Avid doesn't post this on the forum but this will fix your issue when running on Mavericks.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:14 PM

Thanks - but I cannot see that check box anywhere in Eucontrol 3.1 on a Mac. Where is that hiding?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmiller View Post
Thanks - but I cannot see that check box anywhere in Eucontrol 3.1 on a Mac. Where is that hiding?
It is a OS X setting.

Google is your friend... http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7...s-x-mavericks/
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Many thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 07:47 PM

I'm dealing with the same issue. I have the current update for Pro Tools 11.1.2 and have update EuControl to 3.1.2 (which is supposed to kill the App Nap bug) on OS Mavericks.

My dilemma is that 3 days ago I was running Pro Tools 10 on Mac OS X 10.8 and EuControl 2.6 with absolutely NO ISSUES. I finally decided to upgrade my OS and Pro Tools and EuControl software and this happens. I can not say that it a Apple issue or Avid issue because were updated at the same time.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSoundStudio View Post
I'm dealing with the same issue. I have the current update for Pro Tools 11.1.2 and have update EuControl to 3.1.2 (which is supposed to kill the App Nap bug) on OS Mavericks.

My dilemma is that 3 days ago I was running Pro Tools 10 on Mac OS X 10.8 and EuControl 2.6 with absolutely NO ISSUES. I finally decided to upgrade my OS and Pro Tools and EuControl software and this happens. I can not say that it a Apple issue or Avid issue because were updated at the same time.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
So if you are dealing with the same issue changing the AppNap setting should fix it, did you do that? What happened?

If that is not it then it's not the same underlying issue (it might be similar symptoms).
Old 05-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Dear ATL Sound...

On Maverick with ProTools 11.1.2 and with Eucon 3.1.2... I had many problem with very slow fader response.

Brian from Avid support knew the problem and found a tweak.
You need to use Eucon 3.1 instead of 3.1.2,
You need to follow this procedure... already described on this forum.

see: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=Brian

After that, my 3 Artist surface controller became very snappy !

Regards