How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2011, 11:06 PM

Default No yellow outline when dragging regions/no breakpoint editing preview

Hi all,

Just updated to PT 9.0.5 on OS X Lion on my home machine.

Been using v9 at work for a while now and so I've gotten used to the visual layout compared to version 7. But something strange is happening to me now. When I try to move a region using the grabber tool, I used to see a yellow outline showing me where the region would drop if I let go of the mouse button. There is now no yellow outline preview so I can't see where I'm dragging the region to.

Also, if I'm viewing volume, or any other automation parameter in the edit window, if I command-click (using the smart tool) to create an automation breakpoint, then try to drag that breakpoint, I also cannot preview where the breakpoint will end up until I let go of the mouse button. Very annoying as I'm having to make a ton of fine adjustments to get the automation to where I want it to be.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm pretty sure it's not a preference thing...I've also trashed all preferences files using the database/preference helper.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 AM

Default Re: No yellow outline when dragging regions/no breakpoint editing preview

Yes, there are a few peculiarities of 9.0.5 of which this issue is one. I presume Avid are working on an update to fix this and other issues (such as the Play Pause Issue).

Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)
Old 09-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Default Re: No yellow outline when dragging regions/no breakpoint editing preview

Hmmmm ok. Hope it gets sorted out soon! It's hampering my workflow!

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM

I have these same issues and it's a huge PITA

Pro Tools 9.0.5 beta (cross grade from PT8LE)

Mid 2011 i5 iMac 27" 12GB OS X 10.7.1 - Updated from 10.6.x - AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Last edited by mahko; 09-20-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added graphics card
Old 09-20-2011, 11:43 PM

UPDATE: This does not happen on NEW sessions created with PT 9.0.5! Only on older sessions created with PTLE (I think my co-producer uses v7 or 8).
Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 AM

So I'm not alone...
Just had lion put on my machine by a mac tech, i think accidentally (original internal hard drive crashed). He said he gave me snow leopard but its definitely 10.7.2, so I figured what the hell, lets see how the new pt9 plays with lion.

Within a few minutes, it seems like every things working fine, but when I make any kind of edits (trim, region slide, fades, automation etc) with the mouse, the preview does not show up on the tracks, or along the timescale. The only preview I have for my edits is the timecode bar... but then that doesn't help for automation amplitude changes. This is frustrating as I need to make a lot of edits quickly for my current project and I've come to rely quite a bit on the GUI as a part of my workflow, and I'm sure others have as well.

Also the sessions I'm working with were created with pt 9.0.2. Haven't tried with a new session yet, but I'll be starting a new project tomorrow so we'll see how that goes...

I imagine this has something to do with all the GUI changes apple made to Lion.

Currently running pt9.0.5 with my iMac and mbox 2.

iMac 27" 2.8GHz i7 /w 8GB 1067 MHzDDR3
OS 10.7.2
Mbox 2

MacBook Pro 15" 2.16 coreduo /w 2GB DDR3
OS 10.6.8
003+