Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Default PT8 M-Powered 8.0.3 bug

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Mac Book pro last month. 2.53Ghz intel core duo +4GB RAM using the snow leopard Mac OS ( so it's 10.6.2 ) ....

I also bought a brand new Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 and a M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

So here's my problem. I tried to troubleshoot myself without success ... I know that PT works with Snow Leopard only if it's the 8.0.3 version (which i have on CD if i refer to the sticker on the box lol)

Installation works perfectly, then my computer restarts, I open up PT, it asks for the iLok (for which I installed the driver), I insert it, I click on authorize ...

and then ...

Pro Tools has quit unexpectedly ... Click Reopen to open the application again ....

I tried uninstalling the program with the uninstaller that comes with the CD but it won't work so I simply deleted the program ... I must have tried a hundred times ... with always the same results ....

Help please this is really pissing me off >.<

let me know if you need any more information...

(btw i don't have any problems with the fast track pro since I cant even run the program lol)
Old 04-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Default Re: PT8 M-Powered 8.0.3 bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabgl76 View Post
Hi,

I just bought a brand new Mac Book pro last month. 2.53Ghz intel core duo +4GB RAM using the snow leopard Mac OS ( so it's 10.6.2 ) ....

I also bought a brand new Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.3 and a M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

So here's my problem. I tried to troubleshoot myself without success ... I know that PT works with Snow Leopard only if it's the 8.0.3 version (which i have on CD if i refer to the sticker on the box lol)

Installation works perfectly, then my computer restarts, I open up PT, it asks for the iLok (for which I installed the driver), I insert it, I click on authorize ...

and then ...

Pro Tools has quit unexpectedly ... Click Reopen to open the application again ....

I tried uninstalling the program with the uninstaller that comes with the CD but it won't work so I simply deleted the program ... I must have tried a hundred times ... with always the same results ....

Help please this is really pissing me off >.<

let me know if you need any more information...

(btw i don't have any problems with the fast track pro since I cant even run the program lol)
I've got the same issue. I choose what type of session I want to open, then select where to save the file, then it just quits. It's sooooo frustrating. I'm hunting for the answer though. If I find it, I'll post it here. If anyone has it, please post it here.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:09 AM

hmmmm i just remembered that the first time I tried installing it, it froze and i had to force quit the installer ... don't know if it has anything to do with my problem ...
Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 PM

anyone ....
Old 04-05-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabgl76 View Post
hmmmm i just remembered that the first time I tried installing it, it froze and i had to force quit the installer ... don't know if it has anything to do with my problem ...
Are you sure it was frozen? The Pro Tools installers take a LONG time to complete. Especially at the final "1 minute remaining" part.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM

yeah I think you are right, i was impatient

do you think it's the problem? how can you uninstall it completely?? or how can you make sure everything is out of my computer??
Old 04-07-2010, 07:53 PM

In the installer folder there should be an uninstall program.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 AM

it doesn't want to work lol ... unless it really takes 0.5 seconds to uninstall ... I open the uninstaller, next, next, then a loading window pops-up and closes and PT8 is still there =_= ....

then if I click Uninstall, it just does nothing ...