Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Default Where is the DEMO for the AVID Pro compressor , limiter and noise gate .

Where is the DEMO of Pro compressor , limiter and noise gate .
Im interested in these plugs but cannot seem to find the demo,s anywhere.
I duc searched it and google searched it .There must not be a demo version yet. Please make it 14 days , it really is hard to give a plug a good test run on short notice.

AVID you should seriously consider getting a new web site design.
I owned digi00 , TDM and HDX before I even knew you sold video hardware.

When a customer is unaware of product that cost as much as those, you think we wouldn't have to solve a maze to even discover them.
How do you sell products we dont even know exist or even how to find. Just a thought . Congrats on your new beginnings into video.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Where is the DEMO for the AVID Pro compressor , limiter and noise gate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post

When a customer is unaware of product that cost as much as those, you think we wouldn't have to solve a maze to even discover them.
How do you sell products we dont even know exist or even how to find. Just a thought . Congrats on your new beginnings into video.
Yeh congrats Avid as a new comer to Video hardware we all hope you do well.

Last i read demos for new plugins were being created so should be available soon.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Avid

Default Re: Where is the DEMO for the AVID Pro compressor , limiter and noise gate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
Where is the DEMO of Pro compressor , limiter and noise gate .
Im interested in these plugs but cannot seem to find the demo,s anywhere.
I duc searched it and google searched it .There must not be a demo version yet. Please make it 14 days , it really is hard to give a plug a good test run on short notice.
We have a few more items to take care of and then they will be available via the Pro Compressor and Pro Expander pages (as well as Pro Limiter when it's released).

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. These were actually announced in multiple ways, including in the Technical Alerts section near the top of the DUC which features an RSS Feed - we'd recommend subscribing to this to be notified of new releases.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM

were you kidding about the "new beginnings in video" part?

MKD Creative
Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondschwin View Post
were you kidding about the "new beginnings in video" part?
Everybody knows thats how Avid got started.
It was more of a joke about how a Avid customer could go on the Avid web site over 100 times and not be aware of such expensive products they make.
I really think Avid could and should seriously consider a new web design.
Something where customers are aware of all the products they offer and makes it easier to find what your looking for ,with a search function that actually works.
I dont mean to be so crude but I think most would agree
Its a web page, come on AVID fork over the loot to get a web site that works.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM

Avid gets touchy when we tell them there web page blows

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM

Damn! I know I said I wouldn't use Avid Plugs due to the lack of long term support but the compressor is seriously great!

Tried the demo and bought it 10 min. later.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 PM

Ron, what do you like about it, and how is it different from the Channel Strip plugin on which it's supposed to be based? And/or how do you find it different from other compressor plugins?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We have a few more items to take care of and then they will be available via the Pro Compressor and Pro Expander pages (as well as Pro Limiter when it's released).
The Free Trials have been added to the product pages for those that would like to take them for a test drive.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The Free Trials have been added to the product pages for those that would like to take them for a test drive.
Thank you kindly.
for all the negative things that sometime get talked about , it should also be said that we all enjoy Pro Tools and I myself believe it to be the best daw in the market place. If I thought something else was better I would use it.

Gongrats on the fine products Avid has released these last couple years. Avid and PT have really raised the bar again and yet again. Its a good time to be in this part of the industry, just when you think it cant get any better HDX comes along with extream performance increases ,
huge cost savings of about 65% when compairing HDX to HD3 and most importantly lets not forget amazing sound quality. Pushing the envolope even further than TDM could hope to
PT10 aside I can't wait to hear what PT 15 has to offer.

A great time to be a recording engineer and alot of that is because of Avid.
THANKS