Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Default Restoring local projects after windows reinstall

Hi,

I have seen that a few people have had this problem but I'm yet to find a solution posted anywhere. Please link if it's been answered elsewhere.

My computer wouldn't start so I had to have a repairer back up, format and reinstall windows. I still have all of the files that saved locally but PT First will not open them. I can hear them in wav. format and even drop those files into a new project. However, I can't open the original project and to get everything arranged as it was will take a long time.

Is there an easier way where I can open the file in the form that I orginally created it before the reinstall?

Thank you for your time and consideration.