Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Default Zooming in Midi Editor

Hey...and help! I can't zoom out in the Midi Editor window - I'm stuck looking at a single note. Buttons in lower right hand corner do nothing! Anyone else?

ps I'm running 10.5.6, so....yeah.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Zooming in Midi Editor

10.5.6 is not yet qualified, but the usual buttons apply for zoom in and out:

Apple + ] = out
Apple + [ = in

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Yeah, I know....it must be a 10.5.6 thing...shoot! Hafta go back down to 10.5.5.....sheee--ooott..

Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:03 PM

10.5.6 is qualified, but I have the same problem right now.

When zoomed in, no method of zooming out works.

After I closed the session (without saving) and reopened it, zooming worked again for a little while, but then when zooming in closely on a note, it will not let me zoom out again.

Very frustrating as I am working under time pressure here.

If anyone has found a workaround for this, please chime in.

-------------------------------------------------------
PTLE 8 / Mac Pro 2.66 / OSX 10.5.6 / 3GB RAM
Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 PM

Bug Report Form

filosofem
Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 PM

thanks,
I submitted the following report on this:

symptom:
When zoomed in, in the MIDI editor window, no method of zooming out works.

After I closed the session and reopened it, zooming worked again for a little while, but then when zooming in closely on a note, it will not let me zoom out again.

-also, the controller lane portion at the bottom of the window -- when trying to select any size by click-holding -- it always goes back to check "small" at any setting larger than "small".

--

to reproduce:
1. open a midi region in the midi editor by key command: (control + =) or just double clicking the region.

2. zoom in with key command: (command + ]), works for about 1 minute, just moving, deleting, quantize, saving etc.

(the session has only 2 instances of Mini Grand, 1 structure free, 1 Xpand, 1 audio drum loop, 1 BF2A, 1 digirack compressor/limiter and contains a 45 sec quicktime movie, but movie window was closed when this occurs, (only midi editor window open).

--

tried the following:
-repaired permissions
-updated pre-bindings
-removed all plug-ins and instruments (incl. preset folders) except the Digi stuff and the Factory Bundle.
-deleted all Digi preferences
-deleted Digidesign databases on all drives

when repeating these steps and relaunching PT and open the session, it works again for about one minute, then same thing again.

--

>>>> in the meantime, anybody got a workaround?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 PM

is anybody else seeing this behavior...?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:57 PM

Seems like I have solved the problem at the moment.
I believe I had a corrupt template, because after trying to reopen all exported audio and midi regions in a fresh session, same thing happened.
- but building a new session from scratch and importing midi, audio and video has solved the problem for now (fingers crossed).
Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 PM

I am having this problem with a brand new session. Talk about a pain in the neck. This is the second time it has happened on this project. The first time for some reason it let me use the shortcut keys. But now, nothing. Seriously affecting my productivity!

8cs1
Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 PM

Having sat and worked at PT for about 7 hours today in a row, this is a bug that just builds over time and I have no clue how to make it stop. As it keeps going, it gets worse and worse. Let me tell you how.

If I save an re-open a session, the "command-[" will shrink the midi region down, for a little while. Then, all of a sudden, it doesn't zoom in anymore. Also, I notice that when I load the session, the length of the project is what I set it to (10 minutes) but after I hit play, the length changes to some HUGE value. I have done nothing and making changes in the preferences does nothing.

As time goes on, the midi window slowly zooms out on its own every time you make edits in it. WORSE, after you make an edit, it changes the position of the MIDI notes on screen but does NOT redraw. If I click in the piano roll or on the keyboard on the left, it then updates. This is absolutely HORRIFIC for editing (and I would try to troubleshoot a billion things but I have a deadline tomorrow night and just do NOT have time).

I have 2 7300GT apple video cards in a MacPro 4 core 2.66 machine running 10.5.5 and 8cs1 of PT. I also have a video track running too. I have the CPTK.

I'm glad I am not the only one seeing this problem.

Anyone else doing some intense midi editing?