Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 11:23 PM

Default Reverb plugs coming back "LEFT HEAVY"

Lately, when working with reverb plugs (Reverb One, LexiVerb etc) I've found myself moving closer to my right speaker. Something kept pulling my ears to the left channel. I finally isolated it to the reverb tails. They appear to be longer & louder on the left channel. I use a Control 24 with a Mix+ rig. Sidestick hitting a short room setting was what caught my attention & the more I chased it, the more baffled I'm becoming. Sends are on a stereo bus, panning is set properly etc. Even the metering on the Mix window shows left heavy. My amp is fine (Hafler P7000). I switched speakers, even went as far to swap out the tweeters. I use PCM's. I can take a sorce, say a sidestick, mute the verb return & it comes back straight down the middle. Unmute the return & it's left heavey again. Possibly reflections off the C24. it's rather large. i ain't got that far yet. Anybody else experience this kind of weirdness? It's not like I can set any kind of balance on a plug-in. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Reverb plugs coming back "LEFT HEAVY"

I have seen many threads about the C24's monitoring section being left heavy.

Could this be the problem?
Old 09-03-2001, 11:13 AM

eldogwalk
Thanks for the reply. I heaven't read any of the posts you refer to. I'm going to take the C24 totally out of the picture today. It's the only test I haven't done. But remember, in my original post I said that if I mute an aux return, the DRY signal comes back dead center. Unmute the aux & it's left heavy. If I use a delay type plug the returns sound fine. Any ideas?
Old 09-03-2001, 02:32 PM

I took the C24 completely out of the picture. PT straight out thru PSX100 to the amp. No change. Verb tails are definately stronger & longer on the left side. I also threw a blanket up on the desk to absorb any reflection there. It even shows up in the cans. Trashed all prefs etc. reboot. All I want to hear is a nice,even decay on my room settings. The same thing happens no matter which verb plug I use. ReverbOne, Lexiverb, RealVerb, so I think I've eliminated the way the programs were written. Maybe it's time to see an audiologist...