Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 05-15-2019, 04:25 PM

Default Two Things I Can't Get To Work

Just upgraded to 19.5. Some excellent stuff in there! For some reason, I can't get "Enable Eucon Monitor" to do anything. I'm using a Trinnov D-Mon as a monitor controller. It's specifically designed to work with the S6 and seems to do so very well. But is it possible it's "interfering" somehow?

Also, in Jeff's "Workflows" videos, he shows that holding Control while selecting a track from the Track Screen in "Select" mode banks the track to the top of the edit screen. I can't get that to work no matter what I do and was wondering if 19.5 could have broken that? More likely I'm doing something wrong...
Old 05-15-2019, 04:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: Two Things I Can't Get To Work

Shift Control is what you need whether from PT , MTM or Fader Module.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-15-2019, 04:42 PM

Gee Jeff, do you think you could speed up the responses a bit here? That took all of 11 MICRO-seconds !! That was it, thank You! Very helpful feature. Also, thanks for the great videos.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
Just upgraded to 19.5. Some excellent stuff in there! For some reason, I can't get "Enable Eucon Monitor" to do anything. I'm using a Trinnov D-Mon as a monitor controller. It's specifically designed to work with the S6 and seems to do so very well. But is it possible it's "interfering" somehow?
In the Release notes, there's a known issue with monitoring.

I don't know the Trinnov "restart eucon connection" method but in essence on DADman (MTRX, AX32) and Xmon, you just have to keep retrying until it connects. It eventually connects but there's no rhyme/reason what makes it finally work. Sounds like you are in the same boat (as these all talk via Eucon, it wouldn't surprise me.)

I put it on the monitoring page on the MTM, leave pro tools closed, and then open/close DADman until it connects (graphics update on the MTM and the setup lights lock for monitoring.) Then I open Pro Tools. It's all stable unless you restart the computer -- then you might have to repeat the process.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 05-15-2019, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the response BScout. Actually, I do have another odd anomaly that's related to be basic connection of D-Mon to Eucon. When I first launch WSControl, I get a triangular warning on the icon every single time. If I hover over it, it says the versions are incompatible which of course can't be correct since they all got loaded simultaneously. I hit "Network Setup" and "Apply and Relaunch" and the error goes away and I'm connected. I just have to do that every single time.

But the problem I was referring to here is, when I right click a Master Fader name and select "Eucon Monitor" from the drop down, the S6 level knob doesn't control it (or anything else). Its the new feature called "Eucon Monitor".

Trying out more new features, there are others I can't get to work either. Like "Display Knobs from Most Recently Clicked DAW Area". The team wouldn't have released 19.5 if it didn't work, I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...
Old 05-15-2019, 10:06 PM

Sorry, we're getting a bit cross-conversation. And the release note issue is something that has always been declared and refers to something else. So I'm seeing a new/different binding issue.

You are referring to the Eucon Monitor in Pro Tools itself. I know that works with a Dock/PTC. With the S6, it does its whole autobind to a monitoring solution so, yes, if it binds to your Trinnov then it can't also bind to Pro Tools being the monitoring. If you can turn off Eucon support in Trinnov, then possibly it'll work. I had the Xmon and DADman running at the same time on the host Pro Tools computer for the S6 and I had to shutdown access to one of those software controllers (Xmon you kill the MIDI port or on DADman, it has a Eucon toggle) to get the S6 to choose the other monitoring solution.

I haven't specifically tried the "Display knobs..." option. I use that on the Dock and it works with Eucontrol. I feel like it was working last night on the S6 but I wasn't really paying attention (generally I'm noticing what doesn't work -- probably much like you)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 05-15-2019, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the response. Yeah, that must be it. The D-Mon definitely binds to the WS software because I see it "talking" to the S6 as its doing it plus I can control the D-Mon correctly with the S6. Along with the amazing acoustic correction processor, it's pretty great. So I'll just leave that as it is.

As for the "Display Knobs from Most Recently Clicked DAW Area" issue, I'm beginning to think I really don't know what to expect it to do so I'm probably missing the whole thing entirely.

And the "error triangle" over the WS icon is just an annoyance since I can restart the WS s/w and it goes away and everything seems to work. I only worry about those things because they are sometimes indications of something else that's not right that hasn't been discovered yet.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
And the "error triangle" over the WS icon is just an annoyance since I can restart the WS s/w and it goes away and everything seems to work. I only worry about those things because they are sometimes indications of something else that's not right that hasn't been discovered yet.
Do you have the S6 on a dedicated network port directly into the computer running WS or does it go to a general network switch? Doing this from memory since I'm not sitting in front of the S6 right now, but in the S6's menus you can select which of 2 ports to use (MTM ethernet ports) and also turn on DHCP server from the MTM so that the MTM gives the IP to the directly connected computer (if that's how you have it wired.) Then on the Pro Tools computer side running WS, you should have that same port set to DHCP. There are other ways to setup the IP addresses for both sides. I'm wondering if WS is talking to the wrong port or not retrieving a valid IP address or to confuse things, if you have a second DHCP server on one port and the S6 on the other port (assuming Mac with 2 ports now) and they are both giving the same first three octets. I think the default is 192.168.4.xxx for the S6 number allocation.

In essence I'd look at your network map of your system to see if there is overlap. Or you've given something a static ip but the ip address wasn't reserved out of the pool given to other computers/network devices.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:48 AM

Just thought of another thing. Not with WS but with Eucontrol, a friend was having a hard time getting it to connect to the Control app. With the latest version, it kept reporting that the Control app was an incompatible version despite being correctly updated. The end fix was to completely remove Eucontrol with the Eucontrol installer (uninstall all and also checking to wipe out user prefs), reboot, reinstall. Reset user prefs.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:04 PM

Thanks again for the response BScout. I'm setup with the S6 talking directly to the computer and the setup hasn't changed for years at this point and I've never had this problem before. It only happened after I upgraded to 19.5 so it's unique to it. I'm going to try the uninstall/reinstall thing at some point but since I can make it work by just relaunching it a second time - and that works EVERY time - I'm just going to live with it for awhile before tempting fate.