Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-24-2003, 03:32 PM

Default 002 Faders Don\'t Move

I have the Digi 002. When I open my session, the faders make a click sound, but don't move. This is a recent problem. Does anybody have the same problem or know the solution to fix it?
Old 04-24-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Re: 002 Faders Don\'t Move

Disconnect all FireWire cables.. and can you switch in and out of Standalone mode?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-24-2003, 05:30 PM

when mine died on me (sorry, it happens) they shipped a new unit and the first thing the tech asked me to do when i got the new unit was to confirm my fader firmware. it was version 1.05 but should have been 1.05a. he told me to download the updated version from the digi website. i have no idea whether this is related to your fader problem, but if you're interested in checking -- and if you can get your unit to standby mode -- do the following:

1) press the F1 button (far right side of 002). 2) hit the SELECT button underneath INFO in the scribble strip
3) another screen will show up in the scribble strip and under the FADER scribble, press & hold the SELECT button

if it reads v105 you need to upgrade (get the download from digi's downloads area, search under 002). if it read v105a, you're all set there.

again -- i have no idea whether this is connected to your problem or not. if you can't get into standby mode, call tech support for another unit.

steve
Old 07-13-2003, 08:01 AM

Hey Steve,
I am having this same problem and I updated my faderware to V1.05a. But I think that I just have a bad unit or something because it is getting progressively worse despite the upgrade and I am even having problems with it totally un attached to the computer just toggling in and out of standby mode... What number did you call to get the ball rolling in replacing your unit?

[email protected]