Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 01:31 PM

Default PT Edit Tool Suggestion

Digi,
I do a lot of small bounces to disk for post-production work. Mainly just recording the effects of cool & drastic plug in settings on several regions at a time.

It goes like this : Select all, mute all, select required regions, unmute those, then bounce. Then I uninstantiate the plugs, freeing up the DSP again.

The thing is, it's not very fast because of the way the edit tools work. When I usually do this, I have to make a selection in the timeline and mute all of the regions that I do not want included in the bounce.

What would you think of a "Mute All Except" command option for the object selection tool (or region "solo" for single & multiple region selections). If it already exists and I'm just babbling like an idiot, sorry...

Thanks for listening,
Stuart

[email protected]
Old 02-25-2002, 02:49 PM

Default Re: PT Edit Tool Suggestion

can't you just solo the track(s) the effect is on, select the area you want to play and bounce it. thats what i do. make your fx returns solo proof (or whatever PT calls it. it doesn't mute when you solo a track).
Old 02-25-2002, 03:00 PM

Well, my idea was more for when you're bouncing six or seven or more tracks (with automation and individual inserts) down to just one mono or stereo track. I didn't know about the "solo proof" sends thing, though. That sounds cool too.
Old 02-25-2002, 03:07 PM

ok so i went and checked cuz "solo proof" sound stupid. you CMND(apple) click on a tracks solo button and when you solo another track or tracks it doesn't mute
Old 02-25-2002, 05:43 PM

kick ass. I'm glad to know about this feature.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:09 PM

It's called solo safe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Why not make a group out of the tracks you want to bounce, and just solo one of these tracks, and then they will all solo. Thats the best thing I know of.