Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-27-2004, 02:27 PM

Default ReVibe and TL Space.

Which one would you prefer? Since both are about the same price for me it has to be a one sided choice although I would buy both of them if I wouldn’t have to narrow my spending.
I bet that these plug-ins are amazing and are side by side in the race for a better reverb plug-in, but I still nee some opinions from those who had the chance to a comparison listening.

So which one would you prefer for what kind of a production and why?

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: ReVibe and TL Space.

Never tried TL Space, but ReVibe is the best software verb I've ever heard. BLows the Waves verbs out of the water. My recommendation would be to download the demo for both of them and decide for yourself. The Eventide reverb is pretty sweet too.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:30 AM

I will try tl space soon. I have not used revibe. why am i commenting? Because i own TL tune. because TL answers emails and looks into tech issues. because their GUI is well planned and friendly. am i knocking digi? well, no. but ever pay for d-verb then get it free? although revibe is different than reverb one which would you choose if you had to make that choice? will reverb one be phased out?

i guess i am suggesting, "support your local bookstore" if you get my drift. because i think TL takes better care of it's smaller family. because they can. they are a very friendly and well run local bookstore.

i am, however, dissapointed to see TL's retail price on Space. they have entered the major leagues i guess. i am sure they put a LOT of R and D into Space. The demo looks great. still, 995?

I would be very curious to read user comments on both TL Space and Revibe - especially mastering engineers and/or music mixers. 995 is a stupidly large commitment for a plug in. unless you can make money from its use

honestly, i can think of a thousand other options for that amount. for 995 you could get 3 good 'hollywood' studio musicians to record on your tracks.

for 995x2 you could buy the lexicon pcm 91
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/LEXICON_...ICROPHONE.html
and if this is advertised pricing, pro pricing is going to be even less.

for 995 you can still do a lot of fun things. invest wisely. do the due diligence. let us know.

and good luck!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:59 PM

I suspect that there was a mutual quiet and behind the doors negotiation between Digi and TL about not to sell TL Space for less or for more than ReVibe. You can’t prove it or it would be hard to do so but everybody knows that these talks between companies are happening and it is very unethical towards us the customers. However it is somewhat understandable in this case and it suggests that TL Space must be very similar to ReVibe because if TL would sell it for less I guess nobody would buy ReVibe. Vice versa nobody would go for TL Space if it would sell for more than ReVibe.

You are right about that these plug-ins are overpriced and if they would be less expensive everybody would be happier. Not only that but it would also increase the sells and eventually it would create more revenue to the companies.

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 08-31-2004, 06:41 AM

Don't compare Revibe with TL space. It is a completely differend type of reverb. TL space is a convolution reverb based on samples of real spaces were the Revibe is a synthetic reverb.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Avid

Quote:
I suspect that there was a mutual quiet and behind the doors negotiation between Digi and TL about not to sell TL Space for less or for more than ReVibe. You can’t prove it or it would be hard to do so but everybody knows that these talks between companies are happening and it is very unethical towards us the customers. However it is somewhat understandable in this case and it suggests that TL Space must be very similar to ReVibe because if TL would sell it for less I guess nobody would buy ReVibe. Vice versa nobody would go for TL Space if it would sell for more than ReVibe.

You are right about that these plug-ins are overpriced and if they would be less expensive everybody would be happier. Not only that but it would also increase the sells and eventually it would create more revenue to the companies.

Give me a break. Altiverb HTDM is $800 list and Waves IR-1 HTDM is $1200 list. TL Space is priced very appropriately compared to it's competitors, and TL Space is a ture TDM plug-in to boot. Also, as others have mentioned TL Space is a convolution reverb, which is a different beast than say ReVibe or a Lexicon. It's like comparing a sampler with a virtual analog synth. By the way, I've been using TL Space myself and it's very cool. Excellent UI and you can actually monitor with it, because of the virtually zero latency.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:34 PM

Nice to see such a positive review from the main person behind the development of ReVibe. This may motivate me to acquire both of them (even though I've already got reverb options aplenty).

Lee Blaske
Old 09-02-2004, 06:19 AM

I have one question about TL Space and ReVibe... what of them read IR's impulses files from Altiverb format? Because these waves form are very used in last days.

I love Altiverb, but it has a "big" latency

Old 09-08-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I have one question about TL Space and ReVibe... what of them read IR's impulses files from Altiverb format? Because these waves form are very used in last days.

yes, TL space imports altiverb impulse files fine. try altiverb.daw-mac.com for some samples...
Old 11-17-2012, 11:11 AM

How does Revibe stack up now, compared to the competition.... ?

AAX DSP verbs ideally (how many are there?)