Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Avid

Default Re: New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3

Nearly 2 years ago I took over as Product Manager for all Control Surfaces, one of my first jobs was to merge all the different teams. We had different releases, file locations and even EUCON files depending on which surface was installed. When a customer had a couple of different surfaces things started to conflict, along with the well know method of having to run a clean EUCON script. This new Unified Installer aims to solve these issues and going foward it will help inprove reliability. This installer works for the S6, S3, Dock, Artist Series, Control App and XMon App. It now has a common EUCON libary so no more conflicts, it removes old stale files on install and has a remove all prefs option on uninstall.
If theres a Guide you are missing let me know and I can point you to it ?
Old 03-10-2018, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
In the MyAvid account, you'll find the specific documentation for the control surfaces under the Control Surface entry.
I don't have an entry for control surfaces in MyAvid account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
... the Artist series still lives on the separate website ...
Oh, I remember that now. Haven't needed to go there for a couple of years due to the surface documentation being included with the Eucon installer. But I'll go there now. Thanks you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Nearly 2 years ago I took over as Product Manager for all Control Surfaces
I appreciate what you do for Eucon and how you spend time among us.

Quote:
This new Unified Installer aims to solve these issues and going foward it will help inprove reliability.
I get it, that is pure awesome. Thanks again.

Quote:
If theres a Guide you are missing let me know and I can point you to it ?
I was looking into changing the C net in the IP address for one of my surfaces. I've solved it now through the use of an older manual.

Marcel Risberg
Production sound and audio post - ljuddesign.se
Enthusiastically sharing knowledge and experience at Stockholm Film School.

🛠 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 · HD Native · HD Omni
🎚 EuControl x.x.x · Artist Control · Mix · Control App
🦑 MacPro5,1 · 12C24T @3.46GHz · 48GB · SSDs · macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
📺 Separate video playback machine
🥇 Covered by ZDT/TLC · Keeping DAW OS clutter free
Old 03-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Avid

Thanks for the reminder about Artist Surfaces and the Guides.....the old Site hasn't been updated yet but hopefully soon (technical issue)
Old 03-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allen View Post
Thanks for the new update Eddie. The Reverse Dyn layout feature is massive for me.

I'm noticing a couple of odd things with 18.3 that I wondered if anyone else can reproduce. On my Artist Mix, when in Inserts mode, the 'On' buttons don't illuminate to show plug-in activation anymore - they function as expected, bypassing plugs, but there is no LED feedback.

Also, when switching Layouts to an Auto-Assigned layout from a saved layout, the Artist Mix jumps to an arbitrary group of tracks, ignoring the original position or current banking position. Is that just happening here? Being able to jump from attentioned tracks, to saved VCA's, to auto-assigned is a big part of my workflow.

I'm running Pro Tools 2018.1 on a late 2013 Mac Pro with 10.12.6.
Can I ask if the new installers fixed your issues ?
Old 03-11-2018, 03:55 AM

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for sorting the new installers so quickly - your hard work is hugely appreciated.

I've only briefly tested the update as I'm in a writing session this week, but I can confirm that LED feedback for Insert Bypass is working as expected again. I haven't had a chance to properly test the switching Layouts functionality, but will let you know when I'm mixing again from Wednesday.

One thing I did notice is that the VCA oddness that someone mentioned in another thread (when opening a session, all VCA's are greyed out, and the Artist Mix doesn't recognise them) is still there - although I suspect that's a Pro Tools issue, not Eucon, as it was occurring on Eucon 3.7 but only began from PT 2018.1

As I mentioned in that thread - you can jump-start them by simply re-ordering the VCA's, which is a quick fix though.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 05-16-2018, 11:47 AM

I've installed the unified installer for my Artist Transport, but now my old Eucon software is gone and my interface is not recognized. Is there an application I should be seeing somewhere, because I'm not.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:14 AM

What versions of MacOS is this v18.3 compatible with? On the "My Artist Series" download page, you used to state it like this:

EuControl 3.6.1 for Mac OS X
Mac OS 10.10.4+ and later

I looked all over the Artist Series site and in the "Whats New in EuControl 18.3.pdf" guide...and found no info on MacOS systems compatibility.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Avid

There's a link in that guide to this:EUCON Compatability
Old 07-04-2018, 09:54 PM

ill have to setup my new computer for Eucon for my Artist Mix.Is Eucon 3.7 the right one for Artist Mix .Will I have to downloard Bonjour ? If so, where is the safe Bojour download? thanks,Mike
Old 07-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Avid

18.3.0.244 is the latest release and includes everything you need including Bonjour if not already installed.