Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-08-2006, 05:57 AM

Default HELP I am a MIDIOT

Can anyone help me the set up of my midi controller/keyboard so that it works with REASON rewired thru PT? The keyboard is a M-Audio Keystation 49e. It is plug and play compatable when I connect it via USB windows XP sees it and set it up. I am not able to set it up to work in REASON. I am a complete beginner with midi. Everything I have done before is audio only. Thanks for any help. It is pretty frustrating..There are so many soft synths out there that I would like to be able to try out plus the drum programming capability.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: HELP I am a MIDIOT

Try these links from the help pages of my website. They should help steer you in the right direction.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-08-2006, 04:48 PM

spkguitar,
I too am a Guitarist, of which I love someones quote "I am a guitarist, Midi is my enemy!" So i've checked out all your suggestions on your website for using MIDI with Xpand! My Problem, I can't hear the sounds out of xpand. Setup - My midi keyboard is cabled to my Projectmix's midi input, I can see the midi light on the PM I/O activate when I push a key down on the keyboard, So I know it is getting information. BUT, Heres something funny. I record myself playing something on the track - not hearing any sounds. When I stop recording, all the midi notes are there. upon playback, I can now hear the sounds coming out of Xpand! So to summarize, no sounds at rest or during recording, only upon playback. Makes it hard to play along with something unless I can hear it real time. Thanks for your speedy reply.
Jason
Old 03-09-2006, 04:39 PM

ya know when you finally figure something out, It feels good, even if you accidentally come across it. I chose the MIDI THROUGH under the setup menu. And viola! I could suddenly hear all the sounds. A whole new world of MIDI lies ahead.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 AM

"I am a guitarist, Midi is my Friend!" I've routed MIDI through Protools to Reason, Ableton Live and even ReBirth. The trick is called "MIDI Yoke". It gives you 8 virtual midi patches. You need to disable them as inputs to ProTools or else you get lock ups.

http://www.midiox.com/