Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 04-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Default MIDI issue

Hi, i see other people posting here with midi problems, so I'll post mine here too.

When I lay down notes right behind each other, they are all played as a single one, like if I did a singular long one. In one session it worked just fine, but in others not. I assume it could be fixed with editing through an event editor and tweak the start/ends of each note, but doing this over and over again would be really annoying. By the way, when I wanted to do so and opened the editor, all of the notes had the same start/beggining time value.

Any idea what's wrong here?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:31 PM

Default Re: MIDI issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4yptor View Post
Hi, i see other people posting here with midi problems, so I'll post mine here too.

When I lay down notes right behind each other, they are all played as a single one, like if I did a singular long one. In one session it worked just fine, but in others not. I assume it could be fixed with editing through an event editor and tweak the start/ends of each note, but doing this over and over again would be really annoying. By the way, when I wanted to do so and opened the editor, all of the notes had the same start/beggining time value.

Any idea what's wrong here?
Need more info. Could you state exactly what you're doing, what your set up is, and how you're recording your MIDI notes?