Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-23-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Ultra-newbie question: Output from 1010LT

Hi Gang,

A few days ago a friend gave me his old M-Audio Delta 1010LT and I'm lurrving playing around with my mics & midi stuff - lotsa fun. Anyway, prepare your best condescensions & insults, but, well...I sorta overlooked the whole "speakers" thing. I guess I assumed I'd just whack in my trusty PC speakers and off I'd go, and didn't realise it doesn't come with a normal 1/8" PC speaker input.

So, the question is, what's the best way to get sound out of this thing? Do I need new speakers with RCA/SPDIF inputs, or is there an easier way? The problem I have is that I'm running a USB midi controller and, in order to hear sound from the speakers, I have to connect it to my onboard PC soundcard - this makes for a bit of lag.

Soo....being a newbie all I really want to do is get the benefits of ASIO processed on the 1010LT to come out of my PC speakers. ...Is this feasible, and if so, what's the best way of doing it?

Lotsa thanks and humble sheepishness in advance,
- JB
Old 05-23-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Ultra-newbie question: Output from 1010LT

If your PC speakers are powered you can pick up adaptors from Radio Shack. I don't know if they make dual Male RCA to stereo 1/8" jack so you may need a few items to get there.

Out 1&2 to #15-2451 to #274-886 to your speaker plug.

You will need to select out 1&2 as the main out in your audio programs and in the Windows sound control panel. Since I don't have a Delta 1010lt I don't know how the ins and outs will be listed but probably as stereo pairs.

To take full advantage of all your ins and outs you may want to get a good analog mixer.

What are you controlling with you controller, and in what app?

If it's coming out of your onboard sound it can't be a soft synth within ProTools M-Powered or a ReWire synth with ProTools MP as the mixer.