Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Click

Can I use some metronome inside the PT. I don't want to use an external devices. Maybe you have some idea for this.I need some kind of plug-in where i can choose MIDI IN and the audio signal will appear on aux or audio track.
I have PT TDM 6.7
Thank You
Kamil Biedrzycki
Old 03-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Click

Is there a click plug-in in your version of PT? If there is not, use any virtual instrument and send "click signal" to it (somewhere in click options). If this instrument is VST/RTAS, beware of latency - I use Virus TDM with "Block" preset - works great. The best solution IMO is to copy and paste your favourite click sound to audio track - works if there is no tempo changes ;-)

Powodzenia,

Przemek.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
works if there is no tempo changes ;-)

works great also with tempo changes - with the {from version 6.9 } timebase tick-sample option
Old 03-11-2006, 02:51 AM

I decided to use a sample with click and paste it into Audio track. It is the best possibility i think because it's very simple and easy but sometimes...
Thank You for answers
Kamil Biedrzycki
Old 03-11-2006, 10:53 AM

PT7 makes life better...

For those of us who like the idea of a "printed click" (such as what you said you are using now Kamil), keep in mind that you can make that Audio Track tick based! This way, if you adjust tempo, those printed, on-the-beat clicks stay with the beat.

While the DigiRack Click plugin is cool, and will stay close to sample accurate for the most part, custom sounds for the actual "click" are sometimes desired.

For instance, until I finish learning to code, the only way I can use my "Click-Cluck" idea is via audio track print. hehehehe!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.