Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 06:16 AM

Default To 100 users whinging about the 002 rack.

Aren't there more constructive topics that could be discussed or even argued about than about the fact that the 002 rack is 'not' that much better than a 001 and why bother buying it etc etc etc etc????????????

Sorry to sound harsh but I think there are a couple of users who are just bitter that their once latest gadget is now 'superceded'.

Technology progresses on and surely we can't expect that Digi or any other company making hi tech recording gear is going to stop their R and D departments working on and releasing newer (and better) products???????? That would be ludicrous (hang on did I spell that word correctly LOL?).

Im glad that Digi has released the 002 rack and it's table top control surface relative!

It means that they are staying with the times and being competitive with the likes of MOTU, Presonus and the like.

I am a very satisfied and proud owner of a 001 system. I will continue to use my 001 for quite a few years more. I don't see the point personally for an upgrade to the 002 rack. This of course only applies for my uses. I don't need 24 bit 96K sound quality for my clients (well not yet anyway!). 24 bit/44.1k is plenty for me at this present time.

Regarding Protools 6 only being available on OSX- well I wish I wouldn't have to upgrade my Mac just yet but hey like I said before, technology marches on and sooner rather than later, OS9 will be history. So we won't have any choice but to upgrade to OSX!

Therefore, rather than bagging the new product just for the sake of bagging it, stick with your 001 if you don't feel that you need those newer features offered. That's why Im keeping my 001!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

I learn't years ago that you can NEVER stay in front of music technology. As soon as you buy something it will be outdone by something else in a few months time.

So to all those bitter 001 users out there bagging the 002 rack and whining why Digi will stop making 001's, remember that the 001 (like every other bit of recording technology out there) was not designed to be made for ever!!!!! I think that 4 years is a very long time for a peice of music/recording gear and believe it or not, the 001 has been around for that long!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That is quite impressive if you ask me! The Motu 828 (origional model) didn't last that long in the 'front of the pack'!

Anyway sorry if I offend anyone with what Ive written but I just had to say what I had to say!!!! It's the music that count's and not whether it's a 001 or a 002. And please, all you happy 002 users, don't whinge for the sake of whinging when Digi release the 003 or even the 004 in a couple of years time!!!!!!!!LOL:).
Old 06-23-2003, 08:03 AM

Default Re: To 100 users whinging about the 002 rack.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slovenec:
Aren't there more constructive topics that could be discussed or even argued about than about the fact that the 002 rack is 'not' that much better than a 001...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How about discussing the etymology of the word "whinge" for those of us across the pond?
From Dictionary.com:

Chiefly British - whinged, whing·ing, whing·es

To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

[Dialectal alteration of Middle English whinsen, from Old English hwinsian.]

Cool word! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Harbour Sounds