How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Default Eleven Rack I/O settings with Logic

Hi everyone !

I'm new here and I registered because I would like to know a little bit more about how to use Eleven without Pro Tools (On Mac + Logic).

I learnt a lot of things via this forum but there's a few points that aren't clear to me...

I read "Inputs 1&2 are Dry Signal, Inputs 3&4 are Rig Signal"

That's ok, but I guess that's in the case of Eleven Rack is the main sound card, right ?

What if I want to use it only as an external processor and plug it into my Fireface 400 and do reamping ? (SPDIF would be awesome, better quality)

What Eleven's Outputs I should plug into what Fireface's Inputs ?
Where do I get the Dry Signal ? And where do I plug the Dry guitar out of the FF to reamp ?
Or maybe use Mac's Aggregate Device ? (Never tried before, or just once but had a problem I think... It was a long time ago, anyway I would prefer to avoid as I'm searching for something "Plug'n'Play" with good factory presets, when I got an idea I take my guitar, push Rec and let's go !)

Thank you very much

PS : I read a lot of users asked for a StandAlone editor, messages was from 2011, any news so far ?

PPS : And I'm interested in Eleven because I was disappointed by POD HD Pro, SPDIF sync doesn't work and Line 6 support is not very fast...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack I/O settings with Logic

Hi and welcome,

Check the videos made by Benoni, they are great and should help you :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eWP0EIFz0c0

"Line 6 support is not very fast" ? mmmmh

Anyway, the 11R is a great unit, you'll see

Bonne chance ;-)
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack I/O settings with Logic

Haha you know what, I saw that video at least 2 times (First 20s only), but I thought the guy has 3 Eleven Rack, so I was thinking "Who the hell cares about the routing with 3 damn units ???"

And as you give me that link one more time I thought I probably miss something and yeah, it's one Elven plus one Digi sound card...

I don't have time to watch it now but definitely do it later !

Merci beaucoup !

EDIT : You know what, f**ck bedtime, I watched the first minutes so far, and yes that answers my question : All I/O can be (Almost) set as you want ! And it's (Almost) the same thing as the POD HD... (It's not very clear in my mind yet, but it begins to make sense)

I thought it would be a bigger problem to not use Pro Tools, but the only one is the GUI... And what about the Stand Alone version users asked for ? Avid don't give a damn or what ?

Last edited by JulianMartin; 11-07-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Killed the Sandman