Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-17-2021, 07:01 PM

Default Re: 11R Editor - Avid Pushing Us Away

Have done and tried everything.

Everything that can be found on the topic, of which there is a lot because literally everyone has an issue with W10 and the 11R Editor, I have tried multiple times and as many different ways as I can think of.

My problem is that the window doesn't even populate, so there is nothing to maximise, there is no Avid/Eleven Rack folder creation in my appdata folder because the Editor doesn't fully load.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:29 AM

Is there a new version of the Eleven Rack Editor for newer operating systems, like Windows 10 and macOS 12? It seems like they are not supported. When I try Eleven Rack Editor on macOS 12 it doesn't work. Some error pops up after starting the programm. But the main window doesn't even came up.

I feel the same when you write Avid Pushing Us Away. The https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...n-Rack-Drivers page says "macOS 10.15 (Catalina) is NOW supported". This is now 2 major away: macOS 11 and macOS 12.

Are you planning to release a new version of Eleven Rack Editor for macOS 11 and macOS 12, or is there no support anymore?
Old 12-11-2021, 12:09 PM

As mentioned in this thread. There was one release of the Eleven Rack editor and then it appeared to be abandoned, no updates. That release was officially supported on
  • Mac OS X 10.8-10.8.5 and 10.9-10.9.1 (OS 10.7.5 and earlier are not compatible)
  • Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit only)
Now that Avid sloppy marketing in places also says things like "Mac OS X 10.8 and later" means nothing in terms of official/ongoing support.

There are no specific tricks for installing the Editor on OS X/macOS that I'm aware of. The GUI does not redraw properly on Big Sur, and maybe that may well have started happening before. Been lots of painful changes to macOS graphics and security areas in the years since the Editor was released.

And as mentioned above, this is a complex product, it incorporated iLok runtime and other components, presumably to get parts of the plugin/old built-in Eleven Editor UI up and running. It was nice for them to try at the time but it was more overcomplicated poorly supported bloatware from Avid. You really don't need it at all to use the Eleven Rack, and if you think you do, then the Eleven Rack is not for you. May I recommend the Fractal amp sim products with their fantastic Edit programs and good ongoing support.

"You"?? Avid will typically not comment on any product plans beyond publishing official end of sale/life dates (Avid pro control surface folks on DUC are a slight exception there, and great to see). I don't think they ever listed the Eleven Rack editor as a product there. Curious, but I can't check now because that web page is down... But again the Editor has been effectively been abandonware for years, for a hardware product that is no longer sold, from a team of developers and folks who were largely pushed out the door at Avid... so I would not waste my time. The Eleven Rack is a great old product, use if however you can and be prepared eventually for it to stop being usable as an interface when drivers are no longer supported (but big thanks to Avid for bumping driver support).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-11-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir-Apparent View Post
Doesn't open, I have tried everything and scoured the internet for months, after building my new PC, no more Editor.

I thought this was to be supported until 2024?

We shouldn't have to learn coding to enable the editor to work as it should, without the editor it's essentially useless, but it's my DAW too so this is beyond annoying.

Editor populates so it's running, I see it in Task Manager, the window itself doesn't open and isn't hiding anywhere.

One thing I notice is others mention delete the AppData/Romaing/Avid folder, the thing is, it doesn't even generate that folder.

Another thing is if I start another instance of 11rack Editor, it will add another instance in Task Manager.

Windows 10, very good machine, latest Windows updates

The amount of people with this problem, why are we ignored?
I have a solution for you. Get an older Mac or PC that can run the 11 rack editor.
Those machines should be really cheap. Even remote view it.

I realized I had one when I upgraded my laptop to the M1 and I still have a 2012 laptop that can still connect to it as it has the software installed already.

Done. Couple hundred bucks for a older Mac, and you are in.
Almost every plugin
Old 07-05-2022, 01:00 AM

That's what I had to do, bought a laptop, put Windows 7 on it, dedicated to being able to have access to using the Editor.

Sad.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir-Apparent View Post
That's what I had to do, bought a laptop, put Windows 7 on it, dedicated to being able to have access to using the Editor.

Sad.
Unfortunately with technology moving at the pace it is, this is the reality these days.
You literally buy a new laptop and by the time you open it up, it is out of date.

At least, there is a solution. Remember 20 years ago, these options really weren't available.
Almost every plugin
Old 07-21-2022, 05:53 PM

Another way to have use of the editor is to have an external SSD with Mojave loaded on it along with the Eleven Rack drivers and editor and iLoc. One can then boot that SSD when you want to run the editor to modify the patches on the Eleven Rack. That is what I have been doing since I went to Big Sur, and later Monterey.

I have two Eleven Racks, one in my studio hardware rack for and one in my portable live rack, which are still used today. However, I moved to Headrush Pedalboards a couple years ago as my primary guitar amp/effect emulators. The Eleven Rack patches I developed over the years were moved to the Headrush Pedalboards (with some modification after I loaded them into the new units).

So, there are a couple of options to help continue to use the original Eleven Rack and a replacement hardware unit that uses the Eleven technology if one want to replace their original Eleven Rack.
Luna 1.5, Logic Pro 10.8/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.10, Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Pro Tools Studio 2023.9, UAD-2 software 11, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 23.02, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.08, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.2. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.