Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Reason Upgrade to 10 for $99

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Going to disagree with you on this one. See this article: https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-a...ngle-disasters
and specifically this paragraph: "Second in the popularity stakes are Syncrosoft, whose USB dongle will be well known to Steinberg customers who run products such as Cubase, Nuendo, Halion or Wavelab, as well as to owners of software from Arturia, Eliosound, Korg, Tascam, Virsyn and VSL, among others."

And like I said I have my Reason license on the same Vienna key that has my Vienna licenses. They are the same key.
no, you don't. You are wrong.

soundonsound's excerpt above is 100% correct.

Synchrosoft changed name to elicenser when steinberg bought them out.

same key vsl uses.

has absolutely NOTHING to do with codemeter which reason uses..

even when you give information that is statistically impossible from ever occurring, you still argue about it? wanna bet?

I tell you what... since you are so intent on always proving me wrong and being right, i will put my money where my mouth is. I am certain that for at least the last decade, VSL have used synchrosoft/elicenser protection which has nothing to do with codemeter that propellerhead use as of Reason 6. So certain that I will buy you any plugin of your choice, any single plugin if you are right. If you are wrong, you can buy me one. Since you are that sure.

Secondly, I will be asking VSL and Propellerhead for the required proof.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:05 AM

When I go to the Propellerhead site and login to my account and click on ignition key the site talks back to my computer and it starts up the Authorizer program on my computer and searches for a connected ignition key. When it finds it it puts up this (certain things I blurred out):

ignition key.jpg

As I wrote earlier I have two dongles on my system - the iLok and my Vienna Key which is also serving as my ignition key. If I disconnect that key the site kicks up an error that it can't find the key.

QAPLA!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:24 AM

no.

I have an ignition key right here.. it needs codemeter runtime installed.

I have a vienna key. it needs elicenser.net software installed.

When did you buy vienna licenses? Are they older ones? Then it;s possible.. I don't know what they used ages ago but as of the last 10 years in my estimation they have used what is now known as the steinberg key.

You picture proves absolutely *nothing* whatsoever.. all it shows is that you have reason authorised to an ignition key.

How does that make it the same as the vienna key? Yes, reason uses an ignition key. An igniton key is codemeter.

I've made you a bet, and we'll get the info straight from vienna and props themselves.. You are sure, so why not get a completely free plugin?
Old 03-10-2018, 09:28 AM

here you go, vsl use steinberg key:

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/post...EAD#post241916

propellerheads, codemeter:

https://www.propellerheads.se/download-codemeter

DO ANY search on google there is not any other post claiming they are the same thing, but yours. They are not even a BIT related to one another, other than both plugging into a usb port.

Are you doing this on purpose now? I am starting to think you are, seriously. (or maybe you will be genuinely surprised when you go to launch vienna and it doesn't launch with the ignition key, or you have a third dongle plugged in somewhere and haven't even realised it LOL).

Sing along with me:

VSL elicenser is steinberg, reason codemeter is wibu.

All together now.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:45 AM

How many times do I have to say it - I only have two dongles on this machine - the iLok & my Vienna key. No phantom third dongle.

But whatever - you go on your way and I'll go on mine because I've learned there's no reasoning with you even when I've given you proof of what's on my machine. I got challenged to put up my license info of what's on my ignition key and I did but it seems no amount of proof from me will ever suffice for you.

QAPLA!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
How many times do I have to say it - I only have two dongles on this machine - the iLok & my Vienna key. No phantom third dongle.

But whatever - you go on your way and I'll go on mine because I've learned there's no reasoning with you even when I've given you proof of what's on my machine. I got challenged to put up my license info of what's on my ignition key and I did but it seems no amount of proof from me will ever suffice for you.
ok you are just a trouble maker...

You have not given ANY proof of what is on your ignition key other than Reason. where does you pic show even ONCE that there is vienna licenses on it?

If you are saying you run reason of the ignition key and pro tools off an ilok that is correct and there's your two dongles.. but this happened cause you claimed the ignition key is the same as VSL.

You've given zero proof, and i will let you know when VSL and Propellerhead get back to me as I will ask for permission to post a picture of their reply emails..but STILL, you won't accept it, even if the companies themselves say you are wrong.

The only thing I can think is that you think the thing in your port is a vienna key but it's an ignition key.. That's the only legitimate thing I can think of other than trolling. That you genuinely think the ignition key is a vienna key.

You want to know what PROOF is?

Show a realtime video of trying to launch reason, and it says it needs the dongle, and THEN showing yourself plugging in the purported vienna key and launching reason again and it works. Show me.

Then i'll show you an email with VSL saying that their software will NOT work on the same key as reason will work on.

Will that do it for you? I get my free plugin right?

it's amazing for someone that is that sure, won't confirm the bet.. that proves to me you are, as usual, trying to cause friction.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:02 AM

email written to VSL. can't wait for this trouble making fool giving false info and NEVER, EVER in his life even daring to think he might be wrong on ANYTHING, to get owned by VSL themselves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ViennaKey.jpg (27.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 AM

Hey Jack, put up a pic of your IGNITION key having the VE PRO vienna license on it, since it absolutely can not, and i will paypal you $500 USD right this second as a gift, never to be brought up again.
A gift from me. Offer valid for the next 12 hrs. What this means is a video of you launching VE Pro and it asking for the license key and you putting in the ignition key and it then working. $500 for 5 minutes work total including video upload. That is the easiest and best money per hour you will ever make.

Showing VEP5 just "running" is not the answer..

However another option is that there is a little codemeter utility you can install from the makers of the ignition key.. that will literally show what licenses your key has on it.

All it will say is Reason and RE.

So much misinformation in this topic, i read the whole thing, and all the bad info is from you, regarding pro tools not being able to use all cores, ve pro being more efficient, etc.. totally untrue.

Ve pro only has two advantages.. to run 32 bit plugins natively and to use a second computer for extra power.. Same computer, pro tools 12 and 2018 do a MUCH better itself at spreading the load so unless there is some must have 32 bit plugin out there, or unless one has an extra unused machine, VE Pro is actually completely pointless. I have actually done a mammoth amount of dsp tests on it vs pro tools itself to come to this conclusion.. as well as testing it in Cubase and Logic.. None fared better. None.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:38 AM

replies from VSL.. of course, music man will continue to say the ignition key holds his VE Pro license, LOL.

VSL confirm they use elicenser.

Propellerhead do not use elicenser.

Elicenser drivers which show what is on one's key (and will show the VSL licenses clearly) is at elicenser.net

Case closed with this BS and lies.]

And just for the record, watch that he will never ever apologise either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Owned.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Owned2.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
And just for the record, watch that he will never ever apologise either.
I've been in contact with musicman691 and I suggested that he not come back here and respond to you.

Whether or not he made an error, there's no good reason why one member here on the APAC should go after another member like that.

Thread locked.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Closed Thread