Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Can't record tracks in a routing folder due to latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Anyone else have this issue? If I have a track in a routing folder, and then want to record to it, the latency is so bad I have to pull it out of the routing folder and send it straight to the master buss. I have this same issue with plugins on the master buss. I have to remove them, especially things like L1.
And yes, I have delay compensation on. Pro tools 2020.12 on a mac 10.14.6 using hdx.
Humm I am thinking possibly a misrouting issue ? No not having that issue. Since you are on HDX you are using AAX DSP plugins Yes ? For example the in screen shot below (which has been switched back from DSP wjile recording to native mode while mixing ) However I can record with all the plugins active , in DSP mode, with the exception of the MGM (native only plugin) over on the master bus/aux labeled "2 Mix

When you say "latency is so bad" do you mean you hear a delay in the recording , or is obviously out out of sync with the other tracks you are monitoring ?
I am on Catalina now but was on Mojave and honestly there is/was no latency issue Aux or Routing Folder.

To clarify the tracks in your routing folder individual "outputs" are actually routed to Routing Folder Track who's output is routed to a master Bus Aux or Master Fader yes ?

As in this screen shot below all the Acoustic Guitar tracks and vocal tracks are routed to their respective Routing Folders and when I record them there is no latency ?????

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-04-2021, 01:47 PM

I've had the same problems seemingly at random. Two mono acoustic guitar tracks, routed to a folder, routed to master with no FX. Record enable both, panned and they are not the same at all. One is fine and the other is very very late. Take them out of the folder, and do it with a regular Aux and the delay is gone. This is with RME RayDAT, no routing problems. It simply just works fine if you take the tracks out of the folder. Very annoying!

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 03-04-2021, 02:06 PM

I don't know if this is related, but there have been reports of Routing folders being buggy.
Recent DUC thread:
Problem with Folder Tracks: Plays out of sync after Freeze