Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2015, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Still haven't got my free plugins for Pro Tools 12.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry that the case wasn't making progress. Looks like you should have a temp license and the installers now to get up and running while CS works on the case.
I appreciate that - and don't want to seem ungrateful - but why is it that an Avid REP can go in my account and verify I don't have the content (whether that's the plugin package or the 12HD upgrade - which I also had to get a 90 day NFR license for) then send that upstream to someone else who goes in to my account and deposits the NFR... If the Reps are in my account already (twice - three or four times if you count the 12HD issue) why can't they just fix it then and give me what they've already verified I should have gotten?

This is more of a procedural complaint - I really do appreciate you getting at least a temporary fix going for me.

Last edited by superwack; 10-07-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:12 PM

the huge problem that Avid has is the a company called "Saleforce" handles Avid support & Customer services.
When a company contracts out these types of services these 3rd party companies have zero vested interest in solving these CS issues in a efficiently timely matter. There was a day once long time ago when Avid handled CS and Support and the job was done fast and efficient.
We have a couple of Venue consoles and last time we called for service and support I know I was talking to someone at Avid because they knew precisely what I was referring to and we had our parts and the repair was done is less than 24 hours from the initial call.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
When a company contracts out these types of services these 3rd party companies have zero vested interest in solving these CS issues in a efficiently timely matter.
I thought Salesforce was just the commerce framework. I don't think they handle the Pro Tools support calls.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:18 AM

For those still waiting for plug-ins:

The proper download links showed up on my Products and Subscriptions page today and the HD Plan Subscription license showed up in my iLok account. So everything is correct and working for me now.

I initially filed the report on Sep 24, right after Avid said they were done processing and everyone should have their plug-ins. Today is Oct 13. So it took them a bit to get it fixed, but it now is.

Hopefully everyone else has their issues solved soon.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:22 AM

I have the opposite problem ....

Download installer links ARE available in my Avid Account under the section for Pro Tools with an upgrade and support plan, even though, as a free student upgrade, I don't get the bonus plugins license.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-14-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I thought Salesforce was just the commerce framework. I don't think they handle the Pro Tools support calls.
I didn't say phone call I was referring to the Support Email Portal.

and no the email support is mosdef NOT avid as they are clueless to anything difficult…

Venue Support is by phone phone only and it's for sure Avid as they always seem to know even if it's an very obscure issue. Although I can only comment on recent stuff as I have not called them in the 12 months.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:37 PM

SOMEONE WITH A "CONNECTED" BRAIN THERE AT AVID, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

i got an email from Avid support saying they put plan license into my ilok account, and updated "my products" with related plugins installers...

well, i think SOMETHING STILL MISSING...cause, as you stated in your press, who upgrade to version 12 / 2016 plan gets ELEVEN full perpetual license for free.
i only see a bunch of installers related to the "pedals" plugins derived from ELEVEN... that i don't have.
i asked few friends that bought PT12 upgrade or "support plan” and they have got "pedals" pligins AND ALSO eleven plugin “perpetual” license and related installer into their avid accounts...

BUT I DO NOT HAVE IT, THERE ISN’T ANY INSTALLER IN MY ACCOUNT , NOT ANY LICENSE INTO MY ILOK ACCOUNT !
ALSO A FRIEND SHOWED ME HE HAS THE "PROTOOLS CONTROL/EUCON " PRODUCT INTO HIS ACCOUNT... I DON'T... WHY ?
HOW I CAN USE PROTOOLS CONTROL IF THE EUCON IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ME ???

FURTHERMORE: I'VE JUST SEEN YOU PUT "SPACE" IN THE BUNDLE OF "temporary licenses" .... I BOUGHT IT AS FULL LICENSE, WHY I SHOULD PAY YEAR FEE TO USE WHAT I PAID AS "perpetual" product ???

AFTER 8 MONTHS WE ARE STILL HERE TO WAIT THIS PEOPLE TO "FIX" THE TOTAL MESS THEY DID WITH OUR ACCOUNTS !

WOULD CHECK THIS ENDLESS MESS PLEASE ???

Last edited by macaudioman; 10-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaudioman View Post
SOMEONE WITH A "CONNECTED" BRAIN THERE AT AVID, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

i got an email from Avid support saying they put plan license into my ilok account, and updated "my products" with related plugins installers...

well, i think SOMETHING STILL MISSING...cause, as you stated in your press, who upgrade to version 12 / 2016 plan gets ELEVEN full perpetual license for free.
i only see a bunch of installers related to the "pedals" plugins derived from ELEVEN... that i don't have.
i asked few friends that bought PT12 upgrade or "support plan” and they have got "pedals" pligins AND ALSO eleven plugin “perpetual” license and related installer into their avid accounts...

BUT I DO NOT HAVE IT, THERE ISN’T ANY INSTALLER IN MY ACCOUNT , NOT ANY LICENSE INTO MY ILOK ACCOUNT !
ALSO A FRIEND SHOWED ME HE HAS THE "PROTOOLS CONTROL/EUCON " PRODUCT INTO HIS ACCOUNT... I DON'T... WHY ?
HOW I CAN USE PROTOOLS CONTROL IF THE EUCON IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ME ???

FURTHERMORE: I'VE JUST SEEN YOU PUT "SPACE" IN THE BUNDLE OF "temporary licenses" .... I BOUGHT IT AS FULL LICENSE, WHY I SHOULD PAY YEAR FEE TO USE WHAT I PAID AS "perpetual" product ???

AFTER 8 MONTHS WE ARE STILL HERE TO WAIT THIS PEOPLE TO "FIX" THE TOTAL MESS THEY DID WITH OUR ACCOUNTS !

WOULD CHECK THIS ENDLESS MESS PLEASE ???
The Eleven plugin perpetual license for free was a promotion running through September, i'm not sure if it is still runing or not.

You say something about .. "after 8 months" ... does that mean YOU bought Pro Tools eight months ago, but your friends bought it in September?

If so, that's why they have Eleven and you do not. You don't get an Eleven perpetual license if you bought Pro Tools before the promotion started.

As for the temporary licenses, well the new support plans get you bonus plugins ... Space and the Eleven derived stomp boxes .... only for as long as you keep renewing the support plan. So they will always be 'temporary'.

When it comes to Pro Tools Control and Eucon, go tho the Pro Tools Cobtrol page and register for it. The installer links for Eucon will then be put in your account. That doesn't happen unless to register to get Pro Tools Control.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.

Last edited by nigelpry; 10-14-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added stuff sbout Pro Tools Control
Old 10-20-2015, 09:37 AM

nigelpry, a friend got the upgrade BEFORE the Eleven promo is out, and AFTER i got it in december...

about SPACE, what i paid for "normal" permanent product become "temporary ??!
THIS IS A SCAM !!!

SO ANYONE AT AVID WOULD DEIGN TO REPLY ME ??
Old 10-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaudioman View Post
nigelpry, a friend got the upgrade BEFORE the Eleven promo is out, and AFTER i got it in december...

about SPACE, what i paid for "normal" permanent product become "temporary ??!
THIS IS A SCAM !!!

SO ANYONE AT AVID WOULD DEIGN TO REPLY ME ??
Your Space license is still permanent. You just have to make sure you use the correct installer. You have not lost your Space license if you already had it.

The Space 12.0 installer is the one you must use if you have the standard Space license.

The Space 12.1 installer is the one you must use if you have use of Space only using the Pro Tools Plan license, which you get when you upgrade.

The standard Space license will not unlock the 12.1 version of Space. As far as I know, the Pro Tools Plan license will not unlock the 12.0 version of Space.