Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM
lgreen100 lgreen100 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 57
Default Waveshell 9.91

Has anyone had issues with the new Waves waveshell 9.91? I recently upgraded because of a new purchase and after installing the new version Pro Tools would restart and crash every time I exited PT. This stopped if I moved the waveshell 9.91 AAX plugin to my unused plugins folder. I contacted Waves and they suggested a complete uninstall of the previous (9.6) waveshell and then a new install of ver 9.91. I instead reverted back to ver 9.6 and it works fine but now I would be unable to add any new plugins that are released. Just checking to see if anybody else had problems.

Larry Green

PT 12.4 Native, Win 7 SP1 64bit, i7 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, WD Black HDs 7200 RPM
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:05 PM
TheNeil's Avatar
TheNeil TheNeil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 113
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Sorry this isn't much help, but it seems fine at my side. We have pretty different specs though:

PT 12.7.1, macOS 10.12.4. 8 GB RAM. Don't have my other hardware details to hand right now, but it's a slower MacBook processor than you have.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 PM
biasrocks biasrocks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON, Canada
Posts: 59
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Yep, getting it here as well on the most recent version of Pro Tools HD.

Mark
Sharktankpro.com
Mixing, Mastering and Record Production

Last edited by biasrocks; 04-25-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:55 PM
albee1952 albee1952 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: nashville
Posts: 34,801
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

2 full days here without issue. The only "fly in the ointment" here came when I switched from 2 graphics cards to a single card(all nVidia stuff and using the same 3 screens at 1920x1080). With the single card, Waves Central opened as a big black box(so you couldn't do anything with it). Turns out this is a holdover from Waves past issues with multiple screens. If I unplug 1 screen, Waves Central opens and works fine. When I finish my update and installing the new stuff I bought last week, I just plug the 3rd screen back in and all is well
__________________
Gigabyte X79/intel i7 3930K, 32GB RAM, DIGI003 Rack
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0sound%20works


The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2017, 05:24 PM
The Weed's Avatar
The Weed The Weed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,132
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

All good here so far, W10 Pro, PT12.7.1.

Did you trash Preferences etc.? That could be the issue. After any change with anything even remotely to do with PT, it's best to trash Preferences and Databases, empty the Recycle Bin, Reboot and rebuild your Preferences. Using Trasher or PT Prefs Helper makes this easy.
__________________
Take your projects to the next level with a
non-union national read at a reasonable rate
Demos: brucehayward dot com
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-25-2017, 05:29 PM
risey's Avatar
risey risey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 160
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreen100 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the new Waves waveshell 9.91? I recently upgraded because of a new purchase and after installing the new version Pro Tools would restart and crash every time I exited PT. This stopped if I moved the waveshell 9.91 AAX plugin to my unused plugins folder. I contacted Waves and they suggested a complete uninstall of the previous (9.6) waveshell and then a new install of ver 9.91. I instead reverted back to ver 9.6 and it works fine but now I would be unable to add any new plugins that are released. Just checking to see if anybody else had problems.

Larry Green

PT 12.4 Native, Win 7 SP1 64bit, i7 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, WD Black HDs 7200 RPM
I had a problem with Waves NX after upgrading, I uninstalled Waves, then deleted all waves folders in DATA/LOCAL folder but kept the Waves folder in Program/Data folder as I believe my licenses sits there not sure. But anyway after all that with a re-install everything was fine again....
__________________
http://www.PhatMonkey.me
Windows 10 64bit | Asus Rog Hero Xi | Intel i9-9900K | Corsair LPX Vengeance 64g DDR4 RAM | Avid Mbox Pro 3 | Focusrite 18i20 2nd Gen | MSI RTX 2080TI Gaming X Trio | Acer Z35 Predator Monitor
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Seafoam_Green's Avatar
Seafoam_Green Seafoam_Green is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bali - Indonesia
Posts: 788
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Yes I repeatedly had issue with the downloads downloads even after following all the advice in the error links

I contacted Waves support and they gave me to a link for a direct downloader (note ; this was 3.2GB Zip file) and also included additional things to try just incase that failed to work

I then unzipped the 3.2 GB file to my desktop , and then opened waves central..,

In waves central - in the left hand panel I was able to direct WC to the opened file on my desktop ..., and I could then select the individual waves plugins I wanted to install simply and easily
__________________
Pro Tools 2018.1 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.3.0 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Sierra 10.12.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D300 2048Mb * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 (Broken !!! - shyte support from Blackmagic Singapore > A-Holes) * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 PM
ValkRider ValkRider is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 213
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Pro Tools 12.4 Native, Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.
Waves Central says there is an update so I uninstall Waves Central
as a precaution and Install the new version.
Start Waves Central , login and it syncs up saying there are updates available. Updates download,
completes update install and now Pro tools or other daws can't find or see the waves plugins.

Been down this road before. Waves has the crummiest update system I have ever seen.
They want total control of the install and it doesn't always work, it can be a pain in the rrrs

Now I uninstall the plugins through wave central, go into the windows Regedit program and clean all entries
out for waves. Regedit is not for strangers so don't go there if you don't know what your doing.
Reboot computer, reinstall plugins through wave central and all is well.

Yes, I know it is over kill to do it that way but none of the suggested methods I have found ever fix the issue.
Plus from what I have seen in Regedit, Waves updating leaves all kind of old entries in the Windows Registry
and I think that is what screws everything up.

I don't like that there are no choices allowed by the user to manage how or where the plugins go.
Great for Waves but lousy for the user.

Rant over, fine plugins but the update and delivery system needs work.
__________________
"So it goes", Kilgore Trout

Last edited by ValkRider; 04-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-26-2017, 03:34 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,522
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Yes I repeatedly had issue with the downloads downloads even after following all the advice in the error links

I contacted Waves support and they gave me to a link for a direct downloader (note ; this was 3.2GB Zip file) and also included additional things to try just incase that failed to work

I then unzipped the 3.2 GB file to my desktop , and then opened waves central..,

In waves central - in the left hand panel I was able to direct WC to the opened file on my desktop ..., and I could then select the individual waves plugins I wanted to install simply and easily
That's the offline installer they had you download. It has the older 9.6 Waveshell and an older Waves Central. I wrote about this in a thread here 'more Waves Central follies'. In order to use it I had to unplug from the internet because it would go into it's 'check for updates' routine and update to the latest version which wouldn't run on my 'old' OSX 10.9.5. That's something to keep in mind - WC no longer is compatible with an OSX version older than Yosemite.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-26-2017, 01:29 PM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,692
Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's the offline installer they had you download. It has the older 9.6 Waveshell and an older Waves Central. I wrote about this in a thread here 'more Waves Central follies'. In order to use it I had to unplug from the internet because it would go into it's 'check for updates' routine and update to the latest version which wouldn't run on my 'old' OSX 10.9.5. That's something to keep in mind - WC no longer is compatible with an OSX version older than Yosemite.
we may end of being the last holdouts on 10.9.5 ... i am unable to install as well ... but i did do the install on my macbook pro .. i will have to fire up PT and Waves and see what happens ..
__________________
OS 10.12.6 for PT 11.3.2 & 12.4 & above
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33ghz (2012) 24gb ram 256gb SSD
Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.12.6 - PT 12.4 & above
lynx AES16e-SRC & Aurora 16
Artist Transport & iPad - Pro |Control - EuCon 3.7 (older Euphonix Branded MC Transport)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waveshell help WildHoney Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 7 02-16-2007 04:13 PM
7.3 & WaveShell-DAE 4.4_X RobMacki Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 12-12-2006 09:18 AM
Which waveshell DAE for PT 7.1 ? TCLguy1 Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 8 02-02-2006 04:24 PM
Waveshell DAE 2.9.1 Compression Records Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 1 06-20-2000 12:58 AM
Waveshell 2.8.1 is here Przemek Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 15 12-23-1999 12:26 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com