How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-28-2020, 10:44 AM

Default Re: License Disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideslinger View Post
...they deposited temp licenses in my iLok account covering me thru Dec 14...
Glad you are up and running. Will look into this further when I return next week.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
There shouldn't be any date listed in the Expiration column (it's a perpetual license), but it should show the end date next to Release Limit (at the bottom of Show Details for the license in iLok License Manager). Your license looks correct here - it should authorize any version from 10.0 through current. If that's not working, please deactivate then activate the license on your iLok.
Hi Jeffro,

Thanks again - Yes, I see the date after Release Limit is 8/21/23 so I'm all set.

I (and others) much appreciate your efforts!

Best regards,
Bob Charest

PS: I'll close my support case.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Default Re: License Has Disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Looks like a different issue than this thread - license was there but didn't refresh. Will reply via case.
Thank you Jeffro for your assistance!

For posterity my issue was related to the "Release Limit". It had an incorrect date.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:19 PM

Avid Support deposited the correct permanent licenses in my account, bringing this exciting chapter to a successful conclusion. I'd like to thank you Jeffro for your kind consideration during this little debacle. Happy Holidays folks!!
Apollo Twin Duo USB, UAD Satellite Quad USB
www.screaminblues.com
Old 03-15-2023, 09:42 PM

Hello,

I have a perpetual version of Pro Tools that I got from Sweetwater. I got the PACE error while mixing a session and when I tried to relaunch PT it said I did not have a license. Upon opening iLok, I did not see my PT license either. What I ended up needing to do was to log in to Avid.com and install and open Avid Link and log in. Then I opened pro tools through the Avid link application. For some reason, when I did this my cloud was reactivated and appeared in iLok again. Now I can use Pro Tools again.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 03-16-2023, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apterjoey View Post
Hello,

I have a perpetual version of Pro Tools that I got from Sweetwater. I got the PACE error while mixing a session and when I tried to relaunch PT it said I did not have a license. Upon opening iLok, I did not see my PT license either. What I ended up needing to do was to log in to Avid.com and install and open Avid Link and log in. Then I opened pro tools through the Avid link application. For some reason, when I did this my cloud was reactivated and appeared in iLok again. Now I can use Pro Tools again.

Hope this helps someone!
Good reason to get a physical iLok if you're at all serious about running PT. Cloud anything is unreliable. Glad you got it sorted.

QAPLA!
Old 07-28-2023, 09:47 AM

Hello everyone.

Today I purchased a reinstatement for an expired perpetual PT Studio license through Sweetwater. After redeeming the code I dragged the new license from the "available" list in iLok license manager onto the iLok key. The previous expired perpetual license then vanished into thin air. There is no trace of it anywhere in license manager.

It is my understanding that we are able to keep the expired perpetual license. If someone could shed some light on this I'd greatly appreciate it. In Avid Link it displays four perpetual licenses but in license manager it only has three. In my Avid account it displays four licenses. Where did the iLok license go? Please help or confirm that I have not finally gone insane!

I have opened a support case (04659443) but just wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this?

Regards.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomatrix View Post
Hello everyone.

Today I purchased a reinstatement for an expired perpetual PT Studio license through Sweetwater. After redeeming the code I dragged the new license from the "available" list in iLok license manager onto the iLok key. The previous expired perpetual license then vanished into thin air. There is no trace of it anywhere in license manager.

It is my understanding that we are able to keep the expired perpetual license. If someone could shed some light on this I'd greatly appreciate it. In Avid Link it displays four perpetual licenses but in license manager it only has three. In my Avid account it displays four licenses. Where did the iLok license go? Please help or confirm that I have not finally gone insane!

I have opened a support case (04659443) but just wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this?

Regards.
What expired - the PT license if it's a perpetual license never expires. What expires is the support and download ability - That's what the reinstatement does.

QAPLA!
Old 07-31-2023, 01:13 AM

Hi there

I reinstated an expired update and support plan for an existing perpetual license. When I dragged the newly deposited license in iLok license manager onto the iLok key, the previous perpetual license on the key disappeared and got overwritten by the new one. In the past when I reinstated an expired update and support plan for a perpetual license I was able to retain and use the expired license as an archived license up to the version that was current when it expired.

So now I have four perpetual licenses in my Avid account, yet only three perpetual licenses in my iLok account. Where did the lapsed one go? I feel I have been cheated here, unless someone can shed some light onto this for me? Did I perhaps choose the incorrect license to upgrade from when I redeemed my code from Sweetwater?

Last edited by Audiomatrix; 07-31-2023 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Typo's
Old 07-31-2023, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomatrix View Post
Hi there

I reinstated an expired update and support plan for an existing perpetual license. When I dragged the newly deposited license in iLok license manager onto the iLok key, the previous perpetual license on the key disappeared and got overwritten by the new one. In the past when I reinstated an expired update and support plan for a perpetual license I was able to retain and use the expired license as an archived license up to the version that was current when it expired.

So now I have four perpetual licenses in my Avid account, yet only three perpetual licenses in my iLok account. Where did the lapsed one go? I feel I have been cheated here, unless someone can shed some light onto this for me? Did I perhaps choose the incorrect license to upgrade from when I redeemed my code from Sweetwater?
Things change. Nothing ever stays the same with Avid. Besides if it's lapsed why do you need it? Are you sure it was a perpetual license and not a subscription license? Can you show us a screenshot of what the ILM software shows is on your iLok? Attached is a screenshot of what's on my iLok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 6.35.40 AM.jpg (17.8 KB, 0 views)

QAPLA!