Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2018, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Retrospective MIDI record not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashville View Post
. Also, why not have retrospective record for audio as well
You already have "Retrospective Audio Recording" ... kind of.

If you play back your Session and the vocalist performs his/her bet take ever, but you realize that you haven't pressed the Record Button? No problem as long as you don't' stop the playback and just press Record Button during that take, Pro Tools will have everything recording from the beginning where press Play.
After you stop the recording will only see the Audio Clip from where you pressed Record, but you can trim the CLip back and everything is right there.

For that to work, you have to be in QuickPunch Mode and, of course, the Track has to be record-enabled.
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 05-21-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
You already have "Retrospective Audio Recording" ... kind of.

If you play back your Session and the vocalist performs his/her bet take ever, but you realize that you haven't pressed the Record Button? No problem as long as you don't' stop the playback and just press Record Button during that take, Pro Tools will have everything recording from the beginning where press Play.
After you stop the recording will only see the Audio Clip from where you pressed Record, but you can trim the CLip back and everything is right there.

For that to work, you have to be in QuickPunch Mode and, of course, the Track has to be record-enabled.
Yes i know how Quickpunch works, and I like it a lot. I'm suggesting a level beyond, where you don't even have to catch it while it's still in playback. That way it would be just like Retrospective Record is for MIDI. Which as per my original thing I was griping about, I wish would work whether or not Quickpunch was enabled or not.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
Retrospective will not work if your record mode is quickpuch, all other modes work fine.

I hate this. I always have the Record Mode in Quickpunch. I had figured it out after about an hour of cursing, but I wonder if Avid intended it to work this way (and what their rationale was, if so) , or if they just coded themselves into a corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro