Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Default .Midnam, Korg TR Workstation, Pro Tools LE 7.3.1 and winxp

I may be in the wrong place for this, however, here I go: First, I am a Windows XP user, (Mac guys give me a break). I would like to request that .Midnam files be made available for the Korg TR Workstation. The patch names are different from the Triton, Triton Extreme, as well as the Le. They (TR and LE) may have most of the same features, but are very different in sound bank assignments. I have searched both the Korg and Digidesign forums with no luck in finding out if there are .midnams for this keyboard, let alone software to create them, i.e., cherrypicker which is not as far as I know, for PC users. I can only find references to MAC based software. It is a little frustrating to have the instruments change on you when trying to create patch assignments from the TR. Please help, I have been searching for an answer to this since September of 2006. I even tried to create my own, but that didn't work out too well. I am a computer repair tech, but not a programmer. I don't want to come off as arrogant or anything like that, it's just been really frustrating trying to come up with a solution for this. I can't believe I am the only one in this boat. Thanks for your time and any reasonable solutions are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: .Midnam, Korg TR Workstation, Pro Tools LE 7.3.1 and win

Hi mate,

I do feel for you. It's a pretty poor situation for PC users.

Why the patch name window couldn't also become a patch name editor window of some sort too, I'll never know.

Just a generic midnam, with the required banks listed for your Korg, and 0-127 or 1-128 on the patches would get you by.

Do you know *anyone* with a Mac who could whip one up for you on Cherry Picker?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: .Midnam, Korg TR Workstation, Pro Tools LE 7.3.1 and win

I appreciate your response. I think that is what I may have to do. I just found out that one of the guys that records in my studio has a mac. Unless a pc version of cherry picker is just around the corner (doubtful) I will probably end up doing just what you suggested. Thanks for the insight!