Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2015, 04:53 AM

Default Problem loading Updates

Hi,
New member here, and I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I looked but did not see anything.
My situation:
I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5), and during the summer I was able to successfully download the free ProTools First version (12.0.2.533), along with the Avid Application Manager.
My problem is that, since the initial download, I have received 3 update notifications, but whenever I click on them to retrieve, my computer just churns away and is unable to download any of them.
I suspect that I need to perhaps add/allow an extension of some kind to my browser. My default is Firefox (version 41.0). Eliminating pop-up blocking for the Avid site doesn't seem to be enough.
Would you know what I need to do, or what setting I have to change, to be able to download these updates?
Many thanks in advance for your help! and I look forward to participating in this community!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Problem loading Updates

The App Manager can be hit or miss for some. Have you tried logging into your Avid account and downloading directly from there?

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 09-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Avid

Hi Gitfiddlemann,

Quote:
Hi,
New member here, and I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I looked but did not see anything.
My situation:
I have a MacBook Pro running Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5), and during the summer I was able to successfully download the free ProTools First version (12.0.2.533), along with the Avid Application Manager.
My problem is that, since the initial download, I have received 3 update notifications, but whenever I click on them to retrieve, my computer just churns away and is unable to download any of them.
I suspect that I need to perhaps add/allow an extension of some kind to my browser. My default is Firefox (version 41.0). Eliminating pop-up blocking for the Avid site doesn't seem to be enough.
Would you know what I need to do, or what setting I have to change, to be able to download these updates?
Many thanks in advance for your help! and I look forward to participating in this community!
Another way to download plugins is from the Pro Tools First "Marketplace"
Did you attempt to repair the AppManager in case there are corrupted data? How about firewall settings to allow the Appman process.

Regards,
RC
Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
The App Manager can be hit or miss for some. Have you tried logging into your Avid account and downloading directly from there?

tg
Thanks tg! That worked. I now have version 12.2.1.639 loaded. Duh...I feel a little silly about having overlooked this obvious step, but thanks a bunch for the suggestion!
Quote:
Another way to download plugins is from the Pro Tools First "Marketplace"
Did you attempt to repair the AppManager in case there are corrupted data? How about firewall settings to allow the Appman process.

Regards,
RC
Thanks RC. I haven't yet looked into these remedies since I now have the update, but I may need to since I probably have not yet resolved the issue raised in my initial post.
Some time ago I do recall seeing a pop-up screen (from Avid I believe, although it wasn't clear) saying something about sharing data in order to enable full functionality of the app manager, but I didn't pay it any mind at the time, and dismissed it. In hindsight now I'm thinking that this might be having an impact on not being able to activate the downloading process directly from the notification screens?
If so, repairing/restoring the app man may solve the issue.
Many thanks for your suggestions!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Avid

Hi Gitfiddlemann,

The pop-up screen that you saw, maybe related to firewall settings, I'm not a Mac user, although in Windows you can see which program is being blocked by firewall, maybe allowing it first before doing a repair.

Thanks,
RC