Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM

Default the pro tools 10 trial

ive been recently think about purchasing pro tools 10 and wanted to see if i could get used to it but giving it a test run. i downloaded the trial, iLok and the drivers for pro tools. but i ran into problems with ERROR 9514. ive seen solutions to this problem that involve re-installing the progream. Since im using the trial, im worried that once i uninstall it, i cant reinstall due to the iLok only allowing one download. will it let me re-install? and or what can i do to fix it so i can use the trial within the next 29 days.( i downloaded the trial yesterday)

im using windows 8. ive trashed my prefs by the way. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Default Re: the pro tools 10 trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinmiller View Post
ive been recently think about purchasing pro tools 10 and wanted to see if i could get used to it but giving it a test run. i downloaded the trial, iLok and the drivers for pro tools. but i ran into problems with ERROR 9514. ive seen solutions to this problem that involve re-installing the progream. Since im using the trial, im worried that once i uninstall it, i cant reinstall due to the iLok only allowing one download. will it let me re-install? and or what can i do to fix it so i can use the trial within the next 29 days.( i downloaded the trial yesterday)

im using windows 8. ive trashed my prefs by the way. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
I have no ideas about the actual error. But you can install the software as many times as you want. The iLok (or software) cannot tell and does not care.

Darryl
Old 05-29-2013, 06:59 PM

It would be a good idea to post a Sandra Report, that way we can see if there are any potential hardware issues to start with;

Windows users need to provide a Sandra report

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

Also, what Interface are you using?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 05-30-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinmiller View Post

PT 10 has not been approved for Windows 8 yet so that may be part of the problem. See this Avid page for an explanation of error 9514 and possible fixes: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ge/PTSW-152676

QAPLA!