Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Default FADER MUD - IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE FADER WRITES IN REAL TIME

Ok, I know I can buy a supercomputer and some of this issue would be somewhat solved, but I have a 2.8 ghz machine with a separate audio drive, 4 gigs of ram and it is all fast.

I am working with a 12 track session and I just imported it into a new session folder to get rid of the albatross of all the old wav files.

The disc is defragged.

During playback it is virtually impossible to write fader moves because I cannot get the faders to move in real time. It's all sluggish and muddy.

I am running Strike, Xpand and a few delay and reverb plugins on individual tracks. Obviously I cannot disable the plugins because that would also effect the levels.

What can I do to my settings in Pro Tools to ease this up and make the fader writing possible?????

Please tell me the tweaks!

Thank you so much.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: FADER MUD - IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE FADER WRITES IN REAL TIME

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this forum? There is a lot of really great information.
Also, knowing information about your system, as well as what you have done is urgently relevant to this question you ask, so I would ask of you to give us a sandra report, and give US the info we need to help you.

Cheers,

Justin
Old 04-22-2007, 05:01 AM

Strike is a huge hog. If you're happy with your Strike programming and internal mixing, try recording it to a stereo track, or bounce and import.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:01 AM

Thanks for the Strike point, I can mix with it inactive and that helps WAY MUCH. I will go generate a report.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:34 AM

Hey - I couldn't generate a Sandra System report, unless there is a condensed version, the complete report kept crashing my system. After around two hours of troubleshooting that to no avail, I've decided to go skating.

BUT, the analyze report did give me a few more system services I could shut down!

It's a nice day out, see ya guys later.