Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-26-2018, 03:55 AM

Default Can't open my project :(

Hey awesome people!

I don't know why and how this happened but at some point I started not being able to open a project of mine.

Here is the error:

Could not complete your request because No such file or directory (2) while opening "0033.ptpx".

You can see a short video of actual error if you click on this video:

https://www.useloom.com/share/f3399f...36f6ca6166f941

PS:This is my first post...So, I 'm sorry if I 'm doing something wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 11.46.33 AM.jpg (3.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 12.55.22 PM.jpg (24.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: Can't open my project :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobzangel View Post
Hey awesome people!

I don't know why and how this happened but at some point I started not being able to open a project of mine.

Here is the error:

Could not complete your request because No such file or directory (2) while opening "0033.ptpx".

You can see a short video of actual error if you click on this video:

https://www.useloom.com/share/f3399f...36f6ca6166f941

PS:This is my first post...So, I 'm sorry if I 'm doing something wrong.

Hi Jacob!

You mentioned that it's an hour long, You might be using all the available storage space allocated on your Account for your Pro Tools First. Please note that Pro Tools First is limited to 3 projects (1GB) storage space. over all. You can only free up space by deleting a project. Or, you can upgrade your storage space inside your Avid Account at my.avid.com/products#Mycloud
You will need the regular version of Pro Tools to be able to save Sessions on local disks.
Hope this helps.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ools-First-FAQ
Old 12-26-2018, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Can't open my project :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi Jacob!

You mentioned that it's an hour long, You might be using all the available storage space allocated on your Account for your Pro Tools First. Please note that Pro Tools First is limited to 3 projects (1GB) storage space. over all. You can only free up space by deleting a project. Or, you can upgrade your storage space inside your Avid Account at my.avid.com/products#Mycloud
You will need the regular version of Pro Tools to be able to save Sessions on local disks.
Hope this helps.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ools-First-FAQ
Hey there!

Thanks a ton for the very quick reply.

I know that I have the 1Gb limitation, but I 've recorded the session, and listened to it multiple times before.

So, I don't know if it has something to do with that to be honest.

I managed to open the file with a little last minute desperate trick that I didn't expect it to work, but it did.

Now the project is open but there are 4 audio files missing and it says "search and relink" and other similar things to this. I believe one of the 4 audio files missing is the only one audio file I actually care about.

Would you be so kind to jump on a quick 10' call with me so that I can show you my screen and maybe you can give me an idea of what would you do in my case? Or anybody else reading this.

I would highly appreciate it!