Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Default m-powered install issues

I just bought this product yesterday and I have not been able to figure out how to install properly. as far as i know its installed but when i try launching it (first time launch) it says its loading plug-ins, then for every plug in it asks me to authorize them with my ilok license card. I don't think I have one, so I was wondering if maybe i just dont need these or whether or not i need to jump through even more hoops to install this program. Please help!

(bomb factory, eleven LE, etc....)
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Default Re: m-powered install issues

For PT itself I assume you have an ILOK Key. Some of the plugins that come with PT you can install on a trial basis, but you will need the ILOK to continue to run them later. Click on HERE. This will get you started with M-Powered.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 AM

Yes I have my Ilok in my USB. I didnt find that link to help with my issue, i just need to know why i can't authorize the plugins with my ilok when it says i need my ilok to do it. the authorization menu pops up for almost every plugin it comes across when loading them and its getting really frustrating! Please help if you can
Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Are you sure you have purchased the plug-ins in question and installed the assets on your ilok. What specific plug-ins are you referring to? For example “Eleven LE” is not a free plug-in. You can go to ilok.com, create an account, and see what assets are actually on your ilok.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 AM

The install DVD comes with a lot of the PT feature installers as a convenience, but you will need to purchase them and place the assets on your iLok to use them. M-Powered comes with some plug-ins but Eleven Free not Eleven LE comes with the program. If you have purchased any of the things that are asking you for the auth. then create a iLOK account and you will need to sync your iLok to place the assets on it.