Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Serious recording bug in 6.4!!!

Hi.

I've had a 002 at home now for about 9 months and have never experienced that problem, but at work we use a HD2 currently on 6.1.2 which we use every day and we have had the same white noise problem happen 3 times in the last year....It never happened with PT 5 and OS9...To this day we still don't know why it happens...
Old 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM

I've had this problem before on my powerbook, but it happened prior to 6.4 as well.

Very random infrequent bug for me. Happened maybe 2 times and it's impossible for me to get it to happen based of any particular actions.

My setup:
Alum 1.25 15"
Mbox
PTLE 6.4
512MB RAM
external 7200 firewire audio drive
OS 10.3x (latest)

hope this is helpful. I've generally found the Mbox to have some annoying qualities that are probably attributable to USB. I get lots of errors saying it can't keep up with audio etc. etc. Also, phantom power can't be toggled while PTLE is open. Have to reboot.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Avid

Markus,
Can you tell me more about the nature of your session. Does this happen randomly on all types of input sources, or only when you're recording through AmpliTube? What kind of drives are using, and how they connected? Do you have anything like Norton file saver installed on your system. Did you make all of the energy saver settings suggested in getting started guide? Does this happen as you're working or does it occur if you take a break for a few minutes and then come back to record. Let me know a little bit more about your system and what you're up to when this is happening so we can take a closer look at it.
Thanks
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 05-17-2004, 07:56 PM

Are you running cracked plug-ins?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:13 AM

Hi there!

Quote:
Does this happen randomly on all types of input sources, or only when you're recording through AmpliTube?
There were two different setups when tihs error occured:

1. Guitar to Mic/line 1 of the 002 onto an audiotrack with amplitube as insert effect.
Even removing the plug didn´t help.
The session was about 6 audiotracks with one BF76 and this amplitube and no editing or automation.

2. Sampltetank as insert on an audiotrack and recording the output to the track.
I couldn´t remove the plug of course, otherwise I wouldn´t had no inputsignal.
The session was very similar: About 8 audiotracks, no other plugs, no editing or automation.

Quote:
What kind of drives are using, and how they connected?
I got two 80 GB apple certified built in drives. One on the ide master (system drive) and the other (dedicated audio drive) on the ide slave.

Quote:
Do you have anything like Norton file saver installed on your system.
No, this system is only for pt: Besides only reason adapted is installed.

Quote:
Did you make all of the energy saver settings suggested in getting started guide?
Yes

Quote:
Does this happen as you're working or does it occur if you take a break for a few minutes and then come back to record.
No, it happens all of a sudden during the recording action.

Quote:
Let me know a little bit more about your system and what you're up to when this is happening so we can take a closer look at it.
Setup:
G4 Dual 1,25 GHz
1 GB RAM
2 hds (every disc wtih 80 GB)
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
IOMEGA ZIP 100 (usb)
Superdrive
Combodrive
OS X 3.2
DIGI 002 with version 6.4 running

Hope, that helps.

Greets

Markus
Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 PM

Any Waves plugs?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Any Waves plugs?
Yup, the RenCollection is installed but was not used in the sessions.

Greets

Markus

PS
... and for Tito: there are NO cracked plugs installed!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:36 PM

Well you might as well make sure you have waveshell 4.01_x in your digiplugins folder. That's what done it for me in the past.

C
Old 05-19-2004, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Well you might as well make sure you have waveshell 4.01_x in your digiplugins folder.
Yeah, I already installed that some time ago, but unfortunately that´s not the clue.

Greets

Markus
Old 05-19-2004, 06:34 AM

Not sure this will help or make things move forward but I had a similar bug some days ago.
In my case, trouble came with an imported audio file (personnal soundbank located on an external Firewire drive). I listened to that sound in the Import Window, everything seemed fine. I imported it and then, though the waveform was displaying a sound lasting, let's say, 12 seconds, the last two seconds of the file didn't make a noise... I tried to play that particular part... Nothing... I then tried to delete and re-drag from the region bin, same thing. Tried to ctrl+scroll the sound, nothing. Tried to play it from the region bin, nope.
I finally decided to consolidate and, as a matter fact, the end of the region became all flat... Pretty weird. That's definitely the first time I've experienced something like that in PT.

BTW: talking of bugs, you english and americans probably don't care, but illegal characters have become a drag! Error 9035 all over the place for many users I know.
This used to be the case in previous versions when the Mac-PC compatibility option had been checked but it's now happening in "normal" sessions (where the option has not been checked at all). Pretty annoying... Specialy for us French who use a lot of accents (éŕčŰ....).
Why is that?... No one knows... And it only seems to appear when a file's name has at least 2 or 3 of those characters. Doesn't seem to happen with just one...