Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Re: C24 fader question. They stopped working

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
The tech asked if the new location is near a large body of water(and it now is).
If it weren't for your rig being messed up that is actually kind of funny!
Old 11-23-2014, 06:07 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but our C|24 and Pro Tools rig has just started exhibiting similar behavior in the last few weeks. We use our C|24 as a live recording mixing console for our church.

The faders and other control buttons stop working on the C|24, but the meters work and any action in Pro Tools is reflected on the console. Power cycling the C|24, disabling and enabling in the peripheral settings brings things back to life. When in the failure mode, only the green light on the C|24's ethernet port is lit - the yellow light does not blink.

Seems like the C|24 can receive, but not send ehternet comms.

- Jasen.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasenj1 View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but our C|24 and Pro Tools rig has just started exhibiting similar behavior in the last few weeks. We use our C|24 as a live recording mixing console for our church.

The faders and other control buttons stop working on the C|24, but the meters work and any action in Pro Tools is reflected on the console. Power cycling the C|24, disabling and enabling in the peripheral settings brings things back to life. When in the failure mode, only the green light on the C|24's ethernet port is lit - the yellow light does not blink.

Seems like the C|24 can receive, but not send ehternet comms.

- Jasen.
Mine has been doing the same thing. It works fine, then every now and then faders stop responding. Only a power cycle gets it working again. After poking around the web a bit, I've come to the conclusion that the power supply is going. Purchased mine in 2009. The only place to get a new one is Skynet. I emailed them and they said it would be 10 weeks for delivery!! Ordered Oct 8 so hopefully I get it in the next few weeks. Kinda making me nervous without a spare.