Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Default 003 Faders are dead

my faders aint moving for ish.This is my second 003 in the past month and a half.I guess these things arent build to last and are very cheap.Im bout to drop it off for repair on monday REALLY SUCKS!!! Im so far behind with my projects it aint funny
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 003 Faders are dead

Just a long shot here but, did you accidentally enable the silent mix mode(which disables the faders so you don't hear them moving)? Mine has been fine but I haven't worked it a lot as I have been out on the road a lot. BTW, you need a good earth ground and the faders will not respond to anything other than your finger as they sense the capacitance in your skin(try to move a fader with your fingernail for an example of what does NOT work).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Just a long shot here but, did you accidentally enable the silent mix mode(which disables the faders so you don't hear them moving)? Mine has been fine but I haven't worked it a lot as I have been out on the road a lot. BTW, you need a good earth ground and the faders will not respond to anything other than your finger as they sense the capacitance in your skin(try to move a fader with your fingernail for an example of what does NOT work).
never heard of silent mix mode and if there is how do u enable/disable?? my faders are not responding to anything i dont know what the hell happened.My luck with my studio has been the worst ever once i fix a problem another comes right out of nowhere.My first 003 had click/pops noises and now i got dead faders all in 2 months GREAT!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:42 AM

On the 003, at the right side, two rows under the monitor level pot, there is a button called fader mute, which can cause this.
I use mine very much without a hiccup.
Tamas Dragon
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Look for something called “Vegas mode”. If I recall correctly there is one for Digi003 as well. It´s a test feature that make your faders move up and down and all your lamps to blink - that way you can see if it´s all funcional. Search the manual or/and the DUC for it...

(You could try the F1 - utility and see if the option “Test” comes up as an option)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 02-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Excuse me ostrange and albe1952, I don't mean to interrupt this thread, but I want to poke in for a second because obviously you both work with an 003. Do either of you know why when I have something selected in the PT edit window and I nudge or bank my tracks with the arrow buttons on the 003, the selection is lost and it resets back to zero? Has this happened to either of you? It's so annoying...
Old 02-09-2008, 04:41 PM

I haven't noticed that but honestly have not been working my system very much lately.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
On the 003, at the right side, two rows under the monitor level pot, there is a button called fader mute, which can cause this.
I use mine very much without a hiccup.
Tamas Dragon
Quote:
Look for something called “Vegas mode”. If I recall correctly there is one for Digi003 as well. It´s a test feature that make your faders move up and down and all your lamps to blink - that way you can see if it´s all funcional. Search the manual or/and the DUC for it...

(You could try the F1 - utility and see if the option “Test” comes up as an option)
None of these worked even tho i got a funny feeling somethin is disabled.I would understand one fader but ALL of them out of nowhere c'mon!! i cant think of anything else to do.Im bout to drop it off to the repair 2morrow ill report back when its fixed