Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2000, 12:17 AM

Default Anyone running \"Galaxy\" w/001 with any success???

i installed galaxy the other night and got everything running beautifully... all my synths patches were showing up and i could select sounds right from my computer.
great, right???? WRONG!

next day i get up, wake my computer and NOTHING was working. i couldn't use any program without it "quiting" before it even launched or getting various errors. i spent all day trouble shooting and finally had to dump everything, re-install pro tools le and oms and now everything's back and working. i'm staying away from galaxy for now but man do i want to run that program. ANYONE HAVE ANY FEEDBACK?????? much thanks in advance!

peace,
fik
Old 05-12-2000, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Anyone running \"Galaxy\" w/001 with any success???

next day i get up, wake my computer,.....

"wake my computer" are you using the sleep function? If you are, this is a bad idea. The manuals say you should disable the power saving features of the MAC, not remove them, just disable them, i.e. set all the levels to 'never' in the energy saving control panel.

Don't know if this is related but for what it's worth,............................