Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-12-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Artist Mix failing to connect 9/10

My Artist Mix (actually an MC Mix) has given many years of excellent service, but in the past couple of weeks has really started playing up. It might take 9 or 10 attempts of power cycling before the PC picks it up. I've updated to latest versions of both EuControl and Firmware, but same behaviour before and after. It also seems to be a bit flaky in use, with the left hand fader playing up a bit (it displayed OFF today for a while, which I've never seen before).

Any hope for the old beast do you think? Anything worth trying? Recommendations for repair?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-13-2019, 07:17 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix failing to connect 9/10

I would check the power supply first
Old 09-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I would check the power supply first
Thanks Eddie (very belatedly). I bought a new supply from Lee Electronics in the UK, the authorised repairs centre. At first I thought it had solved the problem as connection seemed much more reliable, but it's just done it again, so I fear the problem hasn't entirely gone away. So it seems improved, but still not right, which is weird - I'd expect it to be fixed or the same?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-16-2019, 12:19 AM
Avid

You could be seeing two separate issues, and the power supply cleared up one of them. Keep an eye open for any particular workflow that makes it worse ?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:33 AM

Quote:
You could be seeing two separate issues, and the power supply cleared up one of them. Keep an eye open for any particular workflow that makes it worse ?
Its been well behaved in other ways of late actually. Its just first connection on powering up, but I'll keep my eye on anything else strange or other conditions which trigger it - thanks for the replies :)

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-18-2019, 09:37 AM
Avid

Try not auto launching EuControl
Old 09-26-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Try not auto launching EuControl
Apologies, only just seen this. It wasn't recognising the surface at all this morning, but exiting EuControl and then restarting it did first time. Is this a known issue? Does 19.9 fix?

Thanks Eddie.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-26-2019, 09:57 AM
Avid

This only usually happens if EuControl is started before the network is up and running correctly. (Hence starting it after the Mac has fully booted)
Old 09-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
This only usually happens if EuControl is started before the network is up and running correctly. (Hence starting it after the Mac has fully booted)
Actually I'm Windows. As a next step, I'm trying disabling it from Task Manager startup, and putting it in the Windows StartUp folder instead, which I understand loads later than all the Task Manager processs.

If EuControl can't be tweaked to resolve this, how about adding a network reset button in the software?

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Avid

That would be basically restarting it. Its best to try and find out what is causing the network to change. How are you connected, through a switch, router or direct cable. Are you using DHCP or link local ?