Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 09-15-2019, 10:58 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 unresponsive when relinking

Hi there, I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with Sierra 10.12.6, 16 GB memory, running Pro Tools 11.3.1. Pro Tools has recently started becoming inactive whenever I try to open a session with audio files that need relinking. As soon as I select one of the three relinking options (skip, manual, automatic), it stalls, and quickly becomes unresponsive. Sessions that don't need relinking still run fine.

I've tried opening sessions from an external drive and from the computer's hard drive, always with the same result. I've tried several different sessions, and it's always the ones that need relinking that cause this. The sessions relink and open fine on other computers.

Is this just because of a mismatch between PT and OS version? It relinked with no problem for months with this same configuration.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 unresponsive when relinking

Solution:
Keep all your audio files in the usual place in the session folder. When importing audio don't just import but copy the file to the session folder. I know there's an issue with PT 11.3.1 and Sierra in that the import audio menu item doesn't work; you have to manually drag the files in from OSX Finder. That's one of the incompatibilities in your setup. I ran that same setup but I knew ahead of time what I was getting myself into.

QAPLA!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Solution:
Keep all your audio files in the usual place in the session folder. When importing audio don't just import but copy the file to the session folder. I know there's an issue with PT 11.3.1 and Sierra in that the import audio menu item doesn't work; you have to manually drag the files in from OSX Finder. That's one of the incompatibilities in your setup. I ran that same setup but I knew ahead of time what I was getting myself into.
Thanks for the tips! I am pretty good about keeping sessions intact, but, given our group's particular workflow, we're always going to be dealing with at least a bit of relinking.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewallace View Post
Thanks for the tips! I am pretty good about keeping sessions intact, but, given our group's particular workflow, we're always going to be dealing with at least a bit of relinking.
Not a good way of working. How exactly do you do your workflow? Perhaps if you tell us then the brain trust here can figure out something.

QAPLA!