Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-20-2020, 04:50 AM

Default Certain Cmd+Shift modifier Key Commands not working

Hi There,

I am having an issue on my remote rig that I have never seen in any studios I have worked in before. Certain key commands (all that use modifiers Cmd+Shift) are not working for me. The specific commands are: Find clips in clip list (Cmd+Shift+F), Copy and Paste focused plug in automation (Cmd+Shift+C/V) and export clips (Cmd+Shift+K). When using any of these three commands the Pro Tools Logo in the top menu flashes blue, so it recognises a command but nothing happens.
It is also not all Cmd+Shift commands that aren't working, as Cmd+Shift+N for new track works fine.
I have tried fresh sessions without templates, trashing prefs, changing keyboard language from british to american and back again, closing any background apps that may be stealing focus (app to turn my phone into my mouse for example) and now I am out of ideas. I use this commands everyday in studios with no issues.
One more note to add, this also happens on my macbook pro 2011, running an older version of pro tools and OSX Sierra. So this issue doesn't seem to be PT version or OSX version related.

Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

P.s I have searched for answers to this question but the closest I have come to the same question is people with the specific exporting clips not working, which I believe is a different problem.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Certain Cmd+Shift modifier Key Commands not working

Hi, welcome to community.

Can you please be specific which OS/PT versions you are having trouble?
Old 03-20-2020, 06:22 AM

Thank you for the reply, as stated in my signature my OS is Mojave 10.14.6 and my PT version is Ultimate 2018.12.

My old Macbook Pro also displays the same problems and is running Sierra 10.12.6 with PT Ultimate 2018.7 so it doesn't seem to be a problem with a specific OS or PT version.

That said, my mac mini was originally built up form a time machine from this Macbook, so a specific setting could have been copied across from there.

Thanks again
Old 03-20-2020, 07:33 AM

Works here on 10.15.3 & 2019.12 so I am suspecting some random error has creeped into your system because you have upgraded your macOS instead of doing clean install
Old 03-20-2020, 07:52 AM

Actually I have just realised I need to correct myself. It was a clean install of mojave on the Mac Mini, with Migration assistant used to copy everything over.

As stated though, this always used to happen on my Macbook Pro, and this the first home computer I used Pro tools on.

Do you have any ideas at ways to troubleshoot the issue?
Old 03-20-2020, 07:52 AM

Migration Assassin is known to duck things so do it all over again without MA