Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Default Lost communication with Hardware 003

Well I have definitely noticed a connection between melodyne and the "lost commication with...-6097" Whenever I open melodyne bridge for the first time, as melodyne opens up automatically protools will give me the loss commincation thing and then the 003 is offline. When I hit play I get the usual "playback deadline was missed" thing. Hope this helps. Please fix!!!!! I'm averaging about 1 crash every hour.

OSX 10.5.5
PT LE 8 cs2
Melodyne 3.2.2.2
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Lost communication with Hardware 003

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but... I notice if my buffer size is too low, I'll sometimes get the "lost communication with 003" error. This happens if I've got a bunch of tracks, a bunch of plugins, or even some CPU heavy plugins running. Just my 2 cents, but I'd check your buffer size and CPU usage and see what's going on when you open Melodyne.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:23 PM

I`m sure this is all part of a much bigger problem...

Check out my thread here..

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...hlight=dogcode
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM

I'm having this same issue but with Kontakt 3 as well as the Melodyne Plug in. I'm also getting the hang up on launch at the "setting up peripherals" point that was mentioned in another thread. I thought that this was to have been resolved with the latest v8cs2 update.
ProTools v8 is hanging up on things that I used to do in my sleep in v7.4
Very frustrating.

System info:
OS 10.5.6 MacPro Dual 3GHz Quad-Core Xeon
PT v8.0.0cs2 DIGI003rack
Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM

I can't speak to the issue with Melodyne, but Kontakt 3 has issues with Pro Tools under Mac OS X Leopard. From Native Instrument's site:

Quote:
Important notice regarding Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5

Native Instruments has identified a technical issue with some of its products under Pro Tools on Mac OS X 10.5. This issue can result in intermittent clicks and audio dropouts when running the RTAS versions of NI instruments and effects in Pro Tools version 7.4 and higher (including Pro Tools 8). In general, current Macintosh models with high processing power, e.g. multi-core Mac Pro models, are much less affected by this issue than older, lower-specced computers.
Here's the link: http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ard&L=1#c65525

Digi also doesn't list Kontakt 3 on their plug-in compatibility list. Check it out:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details

I expect this will change when Digi and NI get their collective acts together. I'm a Kontakt user myself.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM

still have the same problem. everytime I open melodyne bridge plug Protools loses communication with the 003. Why is the link between software and hardware so shaky?? I still get at least one lost communication error per day. lame.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 AM

Same here.

Just got a 003 R to replace my MBox 2, and opening Amplitube 2 gives me a "Lost communication with hardware" message.

This is even more annoying with the 003 - forces me to restart Pro Tools and lose work.

So THIS is the big advantage of firewire??
I never had this problem with the MBox!!

Now I spend extra $1200 and this is how Digidesign treats me? What's happening?!?!?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:47 AM

So DigiTechSupt, what do you suggest?

If I sell my MBox 2 on ebay and keep the 003 Rack, I might as well sell some of my plugins as well, no? Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX? Might as well sell those too, since they don't work anymore with the 003 Rack, right?

I can't afford to have only 1 core, I have work to do and I need the 2 cores. I already spent tons of money trying to fix digidesign hardware and software issues (and in plugins that now don't work), so I can't really get a new machine.

Can I have at least a suggestion, please?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:02 AM

I have this problem with Mbox 2 Pro wich is firewire. I also have had those ik plugs installed, but had to remove them because pt would not launch.
Maby uninstalling them completly + running the trash preferences tool will help.

There should be a conveniant tool called trash unsupported plugs and preferences inside PT.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdg View Post
I'm having this same issue but with Kontakt 3 as well as the Melodyne Plug in. I'm also getting the hang up on launch at the "setting up peripherals" point that was mentioned in another thread. I thought that this was to have been resolved with the latest v8cs2 update.
ProTools v8 is hanging up on things that I used to do in my sleep in v7.4
So THAT's what it is!? I'm having the same issue and I suspected it was either Kontakt 3, Kore 2 or Indepencence Free.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3